Photo

Tyco Celchu lead 100 pts for serious long term practice and use.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

I have theory winged sevaral builds and played a few of them.

I am not getting the value out of the big ships at 100pts and  1 Y-Wing with X-Wings or 3 ship builds don't seem to cut it for me. Thus, I am committing to learning and tweaking this 4 ship build.

Please read on for squad and tactics.

Total Squad Points: 100

Pilot: Tycho Celchu
A-Wing (26)
Upgrades:

·         Push The Limit (3)

·         Cluster Missiles (4)

Pilot: Rookie Pilot 1
X-Wing (21)
Upgrades:

·         No upgrades Selected

Pilot: Gold Squadron Pilot 1
Y-Wing (18)
Upgrades:

·         Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Pilot: Gold Squadron Pilot 2
Y-Wing (18)
Upgrades:

·         Ion Cannon Turret (5)

I Played something similar this weekend with great success. The Y-Wings are actually highly useful with the old Ion Cannons.

I originally had Luke in the X-Wing and a Prototype pilot in the A-Wing, but I like the Celchu build with Push the Limit and Cluster Missiles. His ability to perform maneuvers even with a stress token make him quite dangerous. The cluster missiles are for taking out or seriously depleting one target.

Strategy is to use the Y-Wings to slow the enemy and to try and get in behind the enemy with one or more of them along with Celchu.

The X-Wing is used as a finisher for the damaged ships from Ion Cannon and Celchu.

Thoughts?

Thx

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#2 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

I don't like Cluster Missiles, and I definitely think they'll underperform on Tycho. I'd go with Concussion Missiles, instead.

Other than that, I worry a little bit about where the offense is going to come from in this list. I saw a lot of Wave 1 lists that went 2X/2Y, and played a couple (on both sides of the table), and they all ran into the problem that Y-wings are okay in the late game, when they can just keep plugging away, but they suffer a lot in the early game where they can easily be overwhelmed by focused fire from your opponent.

I think this build has a little bit better potential due to the mini-alpha strike Tycho's missile gives you, but I think it could run into the same problem as those 2X/2Y lists.

#3 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Concussion Missiles was choice 2, I'll try it with both and let you know.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Try reposting this to the main board instead of rules questions, you'll probably get more feedback.

#5 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Pete can you please use the correct sub-forums for your posts.  You keep making varient and now stratedgy posts in what is the Rules Question Forum.

#6 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Yeh,

this was my bad, I posted it and then went 'oh no, wrong forum'. If you can delete it go ahead or if I can move it let me know how.

Apologies.

Pete

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS