Talisman Tournament Turmoil

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mimm

Mimm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

1. Wow, this game store owner/tournament coach almost looked like his face was so red he was going to burst lava from his eyeballs!!! This was because I drew an EVENT card that slowed movement in my region but I did not place the card IN THE CENTER OF THE BOARD. WHAT!!!???? I never placed EVENT cards off the board or in the center of the board!!! Don't event cards occupy a space? It's my understanding that if you land on a space that has an event card, you DO NOT DRAW a card. This guy said…."no go ahead draw a card….events are just cards that you throw off the board and they do not occupy any space." What is your opinion?

2. This same store owner FREAKED OUT when I did not put my base craft/strength value counters next to my character card ….WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What in tarnation would I do that for???? He then turned red again and forced me to put strength/craft counters next to my character card for my sword and for my followers. WHAT IF I LOSE AN ITEM OR FOLLOWER AND FORGET TO SUBTRACT MY STRENGTH/CRAFT COUNTER YOU FREAKING IDIOT!!!!!! What is your opinion?

3. Then this guy HAD A COW because there was a dragon on the village. He looked at me and said "What the hell is this dragon doing on a space you can't draw a card on" as if I was ruining the whole tournament!!!! I tried to explain sometimes with the dragon expansion dragons do land on spaces you would otherwise just visit. The question arose…..can you still visit the village or do you have to kill the dragon on it first? What is your opinion?

4. You can land on the village/city and opt to do nothing correct?

#2 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Mimm said:

1. Wow, this game store owner/tournament coach almost looked like his face was so red he was going to burst lava from his eyeballs!!! This was because I drew an EVENT card that slowed movement in my region but I did not place the card IN THE CENTER OF THE BOARD. WHAT!!!???? I never placed EVENT cards off the board or in the center of the board!!! Don't event cards occupy a space? It's my understanding that if you land on a space that has an event card, you DO NOT DRAW a card. This guy said…."no go ahead draw a card….events are just cards that you throw off the board and they do not occupy any space." What is your opinion?

2. This same store owner FREAKED OUT when I did not put my base craft/strength value counters next to my character card ….WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What in tarnation would I do that for???? He then turned red again and forced me to put strength/craft counters next to my character card for my sword and for my followers. WHAT IF I LOSE AN ITEM OR FOLLOWER AND FORGET TO SUBTRACT MY STRENGTH/CRAFT COUNTER YOU FREAKING IDIOT!!!!!! What is your opinion?

3. Then this guy HAD A COW because there was a dragon on the village. He looked at me and said "What the hell is this dragon doing on a space you can't draw a card on" as if I was ruining the whole tournament!!!! I tried to explain sometimes with the dragon expansion dragons do land on spaces you would otherwise just visit. The question arose…..can you still visit the village or do you have to kill the dragon on it first? What is your opinion?

4. You can land on the village/city and opt to do nothing correct?

1. Events are placed on the space where they are drawn, if they remain in effect (like the Blizzard). They do count as occupying the space, so if it is a draw 1 card space another card is NOT drawn if another character lands there.

2. What an idiot he was! However it is a good idea to place cones on the actual card which gives you the extra Strength/Craft. This helps other players to see what Strength/Craft you have at a quick glance, especially newbies.

3. Of course a Dragon can appear on the Village due to a character encountering a dragon scale there or from drawing the Village Raid. If there is a Dragon already on the Village, a character must encounter the Dragon before encountering the Village.

4. No. A character must do something in the City or Village!!!

Ell.

#3 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

1. We have always placed Events that last for several turns in the Middle of the board so we have a easier time keeping track of them. But I guess it's just a houserule then.

2. We also take the cones for our strenght and craft-values. Thats just to make it easier for us to count.

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Nidhögg said:

1. We have always placed Events that last for several turns in the Middle of the board so we have a easier time keeping track of them. But I guess it's just a houserule then.

Yes that's a house rule alright! The latest FAQ on page 1 confirms what happens to Events.

Ell.

#5 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

Off-topic, but the OP is so funny! Intentionally or not. :D

#6 EvilEdwin

EvilEdwin

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

People like this guy make playing games with them not a lot of fun.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS