Favoured by the Warp and Ultimate Sanction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kharol

Kharol

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Looking for a little guidance here, in case we're overlooking a clear answer.

When a Psyker's comrade uses Ultimate Sanction to force a reroll on the Psychic Phenomena table, if the Psyker has the Favoured by the Warp Talent, does the Psyker get to roll just once, or does he get to roll the normal dice and the FbtW dice and choose the result he wants?

We're really looking for a legalistic run-down, not just a "gut feeling", if that's all right.  It seems like a strong case can be made both ways.

Thanks!

#2 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'd personally say he gets to roll the Favoured by the Warp dice, since it doesn't provide an exception to when those dice get rolled, it just says you get to roll twice whenever you roll on the table.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#3 Musclewizard

Musclewizard

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Favoured by the Warp states: "Whenever a Power Roll results in Physic Phenomena…"

whereas Ultimate Sanction states: "re-roll any result on Table 7-2".

So my interpretation would go like this.
Roll for Physic Phenomena and for Favoured by the Warp, should you dislike both results you may use Ultimate Sanction to reroll any one result.

You pay to costs for Ultimate Sanction once and then decide which of the results to reroll, you could pay twice to reroll both of them but you can't reroll one of them twice.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS