• Members
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Howlrunner + Push the Limit (21)
Dark Curse + Stealth Device (19)
Turr Phennir + Veteran Instincts (26)
Backstabber (16)
Night Beast + Stealth Device (18)

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#2 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

I'd play it a few times, but maybe switch night beast out for a second squint.

#3 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

I'd stick a Stealth Device on Howlrunner.

#4 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

…Rushing to your defense…

I love Stealth Device on Dark Curse.

In general I am not in favor of putting a defensive upgrade on a ship that already has a defensive ability, but Stealth Device is the exception, because, you lose it when you get hit.  If you want to get your money's worth from a Stealth Device it can't be the only defensive ability a ship has.

There has been talk of putting the stealth device on a Y-wing or a YT-1300, and sure, increasing their agility from a 1 to a 2 sounds great, that three point upgrade is going to go away pretty fast.

On Dark Curse, I can see him surviving an entire game with it.  Sure if all the other ships get killed first, he probably won't last too long against an overwhelming force, but if the game is even close I expect he will be a real pain to hit.  Have him take the evade action every turn there is even a chance he might be inside someone's firing arc.

4 agility dice + evade action + no re-rolls against him.  He will be a killer to hit.  Some people might call this overkill, but remember, Stealth goes away if you get hit.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#5 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Picasso said:

I'd play it a few times, but maybe switch night beast out for a second squint.

This, I think. In Wave 2, I'm not sold on 5 ships unless you're bringing a Firespray or at least two Interceptors.

I do love Stealth on Dark Curse, and you have PtL to help keep Howlrunner safe. But I'd look at swapping out Night Beast and/or Backstabber for point toward one or more extra Interceptors.

#6 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

I'm not sure I understand PtL on Howlrunner. TIEs only have 4 green maneuvers, as opposed to 7 with an Interceptor. And you're going to want the flexibility of keeping Howlrunner with the rest of the squad to make the best use of her ability. When you get that stress token, you won't be able to get rid of it quite as easily. As I have stated many times before, I prefer PtL on Turr.

I have played at least 5 games with Dark Curse with Stealth. He hasn't taken a hit yet. People usually won't even try to attack him.

Honestly, I'd take out Howlrunner to free up your squad to fly however you want. Taking Howlrunner out frees you up for flying in multiple waves, and being able to attack from all over the board. I think with Wave 1, Howlrunner was good for Imperials. But with wave 2, I just don't think she gets played due to the much higher maneuverability of Interceptors. Her ability is more of a hinderance than a help.

And in the games I have played with wave 2 ships, you really need to be able to cover mulitple firing arcs, as the Boost action will get your target out of where you can fire at them pretty easily. So to counter that, you need to have mulitple firing arcs covered, so that if they do boost, you can still attack them. I think flying with Howlrunner will limit how you face your ships when flying, so that you won't be able to cover as much ground as you could otherwise.

Just my 2 cents.

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#7 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I used Dark Curse in my Kessel Run tourny and I think he was the only one of my ships that made it through all 3 games. Pretty understandable that he would be great with Stealth. I know facing that I wouldn't bother shooting at him unless he the only ship I could shoot at.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS