I started to hate Eowyn.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Is there another quest hero to replace her cause every time there are high threat cards in the encounter deck, i have to use her…

#2 Ellareth

Ellareth

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I used to play with Eowyn a lot as well, but I haven't played with her for quite some time now.

Here are some ways to get the Will Power you need without Eowyn

- Aragorn + Sword that was Broken + Faramir
Possible hero combination is Loragorn + Frodo + Leadership hero (usually Theodred),

- Dain + 2 Dwarf heroes
Usually gives you around 6 Will Power from the start and a defender. If you can get Erebor Recordkeepers early, Will Power won't be problem at all.

- Glorfindel + Light of Valinor
Spirit Glorfindel works better in my opinion. With Light of Valinor you can quest without exhausting him.

#3 Moses2813

Moses2813

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Ellareth said:

I used to play with Eowyn a lot as well, but I haven't played with her for quite some time now.

Here are some ways to get the Will Power you need without Eowyn

- Aragorn + Sword that was Broken + Faramir
Possible hero combination is Loragorn + Frodo + Leadership hero (usually Theodred),

- Dain + 2 Dwarf heroes
Usually gives you around 6 Will Power from the start and a defender. If you can get Erebor Recordkeepers early, Will Power won't be problem at all.

- Glorfindel + Light of Valinor
Spirit Glorfindel works better in my opinion. With Light of Valinor you can quest without exhausting him.

I certainly agree with the above.  That said, with some quests you really need the will power right off without having to use resources and play cards.

#4 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Honestly that depends how many expansions you have. If you're only just starting to collect, then she may be the best choice you have.

#5 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I have the dwarf large expansion, the hobbit large expansion, the Gondor large expansion ;

and 

Gorfindel, Aragon and Elrond small expansions :-) (Do you guys like these alt names?) 

#6 jrd

jrd

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

If you have a deck with a low starting threat, and/or threat reduction, it doesn't matter too much if your threat goes up a bit at the start of the game. Sometimes it is better to concentrate on killing enemies in play at the start rather than questing. Threat is just one of the "resources" you are managing. Also, Eowyn is vulnerable to nasty treacheries when questing alone. I'd generally rather rely on allies for supplying most of the questing power.

#7 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Very creative idea. I v never thought like that. You are right, i could always hire allies to do the questing jobs.

#8 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I do not use her more then 1 year already. She was only in my begining decks. She is good to get into the game but more you play less you use her.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#9 Marginal0

Marginal0

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I would also use buffed Aragorn, along with Faramir and a load of allies. Could become pretty nasty with that base set card that can untap Faramir.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS