Two player game…

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 A1istir

A1istir

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

So I really want to run the beginner game, but sadly I have only two people who come over weekly. Now my question is can the game be ran with just two pcs? I will be making a pc but he will onlyy be there as support mostly for battle purposes. Everything else in the game will be up to my pcs. What do yo guys think Any suggestions would be helpful.

#2 Harry S Truman

Harry S Truman

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

The game says it supports two PCs, doesn't it?  I just ran the beginner adventure with two PCs, and it went fine.  The rules suggest that the number of enemies in a group might match the number of PCs.  E.g., two Gamorrians at start.  

The only time my two PCs were overmatched was when fighting a pair of TIE fighters.  Again, the rules suggested cutting the number of enemy fighters down to two from four, but even just two TIE fighters were tough.

#3 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Not really an answer, but I ran a campaign using the similar narrative system of FFG's Warhammer with only two players. The group had a friendly NPC helping from time to time. A player also had a pet. For Star Wars I could imagine a PC having a droid NPC henchman to help out?

For the beginnger game itself the adventure does mention adjusting things for the numbers. Or, you could try having both players run 2 characters each? Probably only a good suggestion if the players have some prior experience in FFG's narrative system.

#4 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

A1istir said:

So I really want to run the beginner game, but sadly I have only two people who come over weekly. Now my question is can the game be ran with just two pcs? I will be making a pc but he will onlyy be there as support mostly for battle purposes. Everything else in the game will be up to my pcs. What do yo guys think Any suggestions would be helpful.

It can certainly be run with just two PCs, as much of the adventure scales the combat encounters based on the number of PCs present.  However, the one issue to keep an eye out for is that your players may severely limit their options depending on which characters they choose.  Fiddleback was in a group that had 3 PCs, none of whom really had any kind of social skills.  So if your two players pick the two combat-focused characters, they might wind up in the same boat.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#5 Demonic Devill

Demonic Devill

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I too have run the Beginners Game with 2 PC's and Harry is right the Adventure Book does often say in the paragraphs before or on the encounter pages 'If your group has 2 PC's do or use this set up'

#6 Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

It can even be run for a solo player, and NPC. Its just a matter of scaling things down as GM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS