# of players for the box set?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dustin

Dustin

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

Let me get this straight: the box set only has anough materials for the GM and three players?

#2 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Not even that, really. As a GM I'd like a set of basic actions for myself, and there aren't enough special action cards for complete freedom. GM's Vault, Adventurer's Toolkit or Player's Vault could come in handy. GMV has a set of basic cards and more wound, condition etc. cards. AT has another set, plus new talents and actions for the new careers. PV basically contains the actions from the core set, doubling your options.

I'm planning on getting all three, but AT is the one with most new things. There are mixed opinions on the rest, but if you have more players you also need more wound/condition/insanity cards (if you're enough of a bastard).

#3 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

It is by far more economic if you scan all your cards and color-print in nice thick paper those extra that your players need.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#4 Dustin

Dustin

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for the answer and advice.

Well, crap. I thought I would be able to have enough materials for five players with the box set and one copy of the adventure's toolbox, but that was assuming the box set had enough for four players.

So, are you saying that instead of getting the Adventure's tool kit, I should get the Player's Vault instead? Would that be enough player's materials to work for five players (including the core box set)?

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Seconded.  Just copy the cards you need onto cardstock.  Better, buy the Player's Guide (has all the actions, rules, everything for $20 PDF or cheap hardcover on sale) and just copy the stuff you need out of that one.  You're only going to have a couple cards that you need (the action cards are a pain to write down).  

Talent card and career card info can just be written down on the character sheet, as can the Talent "sockets" from the Career sheet.  You won't need the career sheets, stance rings either.

Stance meters aren't a lot of work.  Draw red circles and greeen circles ont he character sheet or just use the template from the book and copy it.

Basic actions are all summarized on one sheet from the official site.

That leaves you with a character sheet a scratch pad of talent info and career ability, a basic action sheet, and a couple action cards copied.  This hardly takes up any space at all and you can duplicate this endlessly.

#6 flyndad

flyndad

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

and dice,… nobody has mentioned dice. Hate to throw a monkey wrench in, but……………   

FFG,…………….   <heavy sigh> …………………….        

#7 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Damn, yes. I think they just ran out locally (usually the last place in the world because of the remoteness!). I would really prefer to buy individual dice too.

#8 Dustin

Dustin

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

My local game shop said that despite the fact that he can get in the core set and those hardback books, the dice remain out of stock.

They sure did not make this easy, did they? (lol)

#9 flyndad

flyndad

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Alas the time has come. I have refrained from making this statement on several occasions, but again, alas the time has come.

"The total mismanagement of this game by FFG has exceeded the genius of creating the game itself."……..       

WHHHHHYYYYYYYYY??!!??   WHY can't FFG get with a manufacturer that can make these "special" dice and offer them to THEIR CUSTOMERS as a POD if they don't want to run the risk of being stuck with overstock????  Would they be more expensive? yes. Would players and gms purchase them if they needed to? WHO CARES!!??!! It would not cost FFG one thin DIME outside of the flippin phone call to the manufacturer! They could even drop ship the flippin order from the manufacturer!!!  MOST manufacturers don't want to touch it with a ten foot pole due to copyright. FFG could easily cure this. I mean really,.. WHAT IS THEIR FLIPPIN DEAL !?!  Can ANYONE up there in FFG land offer ANY reasonable excuse as to WHY you sell a game that REQUIRES components that haven't been made available for almost 9 flippin months !!??!!   

ok,… rant off…

As the immortal Chevy Chase would say, "Holy crap, I need a Tylenol"..  

#10 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

A quote from support yesterday: "We plan to have those dice again, but we don't have any dates set for the reprints yet."

They suggested the dice roller apps as usual, which is the ghetto option to us oldskoolers.

#11 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I got the very same answer nearly one year ago!

Are they going to be handmade by a Noldo Elf?

Not so cheerful,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#12 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Handmade *from* an elf, I believe. They're waiting for the elf to die of old age.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS