Lightning Attack with Killing Strike?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OomieCrusha

OomieCrusha

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

One of the players in my group recently combined Killing Strike with Lightning Attack. As I look at the descriptions, I noticed that Killing Strike required an All Out Attack, while Lightning Attack was a Half Action. Since they both take different amounts of time to perform, I was wondering if this was a viable combination.

#2 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

OomieCrusha said:

One of the players in my group recently combined Killing Strike with Lightning Attack. As I look at the descriptions, I noticed that Killing Strike required an All Out Attack, while Lightning Attack was a Half Action. Since they both take different amounts of time to perform, I was wondering if this was a viable combination.

I would say that as Killing Strike description says All Out Attack is used then it's that or nothing. Also did the player remember to spend Infamy Point.

Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

#3 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

Killing strike is a modification to all out attack. It can not be used with anything other than an All out Attack action.

#4 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

OomieCrusha said:

I look at the descriptions, I noticed that Killing Strike required an All Out Attack, while Lightning Attack was a Half Action. Since they both take different amounts of time to perform, I was wondering if this was a viable combination.

It is not, as they are both Actions with the Attack subtype, and you can only make one action of any subtype each round.

So you can make a Movement and an Attack action, or an Attack and a Concentration Action, but not 2 Attack actions.

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#5 OomieCrusha

OomieCrusha

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I think he did spend the infamy point, but I can't remember.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS