• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mattkohls

mattkohls

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hi guys,

I host a weekly podcast called Antidote For the Commonplace where we discuss various scif-fi, horror, and fantasy movies, books, comics, and games.  This week's episode is a review and discussion of the new Star Wars LCG.  We spend the first 14 minutes discussing random movies, etc.  The Star Wars discussion starts right at the 14 minute mark.  All of the hosts are long time ccg players.  Hopefully someone thinking about purchasing the game will find the episode helpful.  Here is the link to the episode, we are also available on itunes or stitcher. 

http://antidoteforthecommonplace.com/

Thanks for checking it out.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

for anyone interested in listening to this, fast forward to 14 minutes to get to the Star Wars stuff, before that they are just discussing recent movies they watched recently.

For the show, one thing about your history of LCGs, A Game of Thrones and Call of Cthulhu both were traditional TCGs before they started to slow down and FFG made the LCG game design and transfered both games to the model. So they did not start off as LCGs as your brief synopsis makes it sound.

#3 mattkohls

mattkohls

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Good points.  I will edit the original post to mention to fast forward for the Star Wars discussion.  We tend to just bs for the first 10 minutes or so each episode before getting into the topic at hand.

Also, yes I know those two games were traditonal CCGs originally, but we were just discussing the more recent LCG model, since that is what Star Wars is, and how that model differs from CCGs.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS