Photo

How does the current-age 3rd Ed timeline relate to that of the original Enemy Within campaign?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 non-player

non-player

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

I admit, I am not the most knowledgeable person in regards to official Warhammer timelines. I have never played the fantasy games, only played the 2nd edition RPG in about a dozen miscellaneous convention and pick-up games, and have played through The Oldenhaller Contract and Mistaken Identity about ten times each as both GM and player throughout the years.

But after making a heavy investment into this 3rd Edition (I really love the system), I've decided to more or less "get into" the setting. So how do the timelines compare? Have the events of the original Enemy Within campaign (I haven't even seen the new one yet) already taken place? If so, how long ago?

Thanks!

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

http://kalevalahamme...imeline2500.htm

There's a good start for you.

jh

#3 DevoutBadger

DevoutBadger

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

WFRP3 basicly starts a year or two before Storm of Chaos. Lots of little hints and foreshadowing occurs throughout the Third Edition modules and supplements pushing us closer to the begining of the Storm of Chaos and the previous Enemy Within.

So they actually turned the clock back instead of forward for v3.

#4 non-player

non-player

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about this "storm of chaos" thing.

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Storm of chaos is when this dude, Acheron, grabs a bunch of Chaos-baddies from the north and invades Kislev and Empire.  They use northmen and maurauders.

It was pretty much a waste of 2 years and a futile attempt at taking over the world as they only infiltrated a short ways, but it did a lot of damage to the Empire.

WFRP2 takes place AFTER the Storm of Chaos (that's why Middenheim has been damaged, etc).  It is essentially what's going on in the MMO computer game.

http://en.wikipedia....Online_Campaign

jh

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS