Photo

Who all here is from the old Wizards of the Coast Boards?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 ZehnWaters

ZehnWaters

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

I'm clearly ZehnWaters from those old boards (my screen name stays the same almost everywhere I go (I'm ZehnBrooks on one board)).  Who all has imported from the OCR/RCR/Saga Edition?

#2 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'm one of those that was there. Recognized your name right away.
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of EU.

#3 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

I was Stormtrooper on the WotC boards. I played a lot of Star Wars Minis and still do. I didn't play much of Saga edition RPG as I still prefered West End Games' D6 Star Wars system. I haven't yet made a judgement about this Star Wars RPG version.

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 2 VT-49 Decimators, 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters, 1 Lambda

26 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 79 kills versus 49 losses

#4 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'm from there (same name). I didn't play much Saga, though I have all the books and countless minis. I'm a diehard WEG-holdout (I go way back to swrpgnetwork.com, starwarsrpg.net, and even Empress Jae's mailing list), and I'm addicted to Star Wars RPGs in general and love what FFG is doing with the license, compared to WotC. Only time will tell if FFG tops WEG in my eyes…

For the record, I immediately recognized you guys' names, as well! :)

#5 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Sturn also a long time ago in a forum far far away. It's been so long I don't think I would recognize anyone at all sorry. I was hanging around there when SAGA first came out. Was pretty vocal at the time when SAGA was being formed and spit out some playaids.

Aren't the old wizard SAGA forums missing from a certain point in the past (and further back)? I went searching once for an old post I had made regarding a hope that the upcoming 4th editon d20 would take note of what SAGA had done and wished I could get a copy, but failed to find it.

#6 ZehnWaters

ZehnWaters

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hey Samophlange, Stormtrooper72 & Sturn I recognize you too! 

Samophlange, I'm glad my name is so memorable  ^_^

#7 Crimson_red

Crimson_red

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Long time WotC forumite. . . not that people are likely to recognize me . . . I mostly lurk, piping up from time to time.

#8 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

I was over on the WotC boards for a while, under this very handle, and even contributed on a regular basis, but the whine to content ratio took too much of a nose dive for me to continue posting over there, especially once the D20 Radio forums got up and rolling.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#9 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

I was Imperator58 on the WotC boards. You'll see Hothie here periodically, too.

#10 Gallandro

Gallandro

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

I was on the WOTC boards for a long time, and was a beta tester for the original Star Wars D20… Boy was that a cluster. Yancy

#11 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Guess this includes me (TildenThorne on the old boards)…

#12 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

IG-58 said:

I was Imperator58 on the WotC boards. You'll see Hothie here periodically, too.

Hey I remember you Imperator! I don't recall if that is a good or bad thing though. :)

#13 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

I was on there under the same name. Been a while.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#14 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

I've appeared on the WotC forums during SE times, not before that I think - maybe I did, maybe I didn't, not sure. I am Jegergryte, and I will forever be Jegergryte - until some new nick is required. Which has happened once before, in the mid-90s.

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#15 bobfrankly

bobfrankly

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

I was on the mini's forums myself, but mostly lurking as well…

#16 Jedi Master Leif

Jedi Master Leif

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I was Jedi Master Leif over on the old boards. I'm still reading up on the new system.

#17 ugavine

ugavine

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

I used to be on the WOTC boards, though I mostly posted in the Miniatures forum.

I also post as Sithspawn on SWRPGHolonet.

#18 $hamrock

$hamrock

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Went by McSham on those boards.

#19 Eli the Tanner

Eli the Tanner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Eli the Tanner here (of the same name on the WotC boards), My group and I have just got the beginner box to try our hand at this rather intriguing version. We played the RCR and Saga edition fairly extensively so hopefully this one keeps us hooked too.

-Eli

#20 Arawn

Arawn

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Rarely posted but lurked there, like here, for years lol

Im really hoping this version scratches my Star Wars itch, I really like Saga but I'm soured on d20 and it doesn't quite fit the feel.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS