• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbiesky

Bobbiesky

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Hello FantasyFlight Games!

I amm from Europe, Bulgaria to be more specific. I am following your current games. I've already bought a few games. It's hard to buy them here in Bulgaria, but I can't give up like that, can't I ? I just bought    " A game of thrones: The board game Second edition" and I really enjoy it! 

But enough with this!

I'd like to ask you a question about "Runewars: Revised Edition". And here they are:

1. I see that, by the end of this month,  Revised Edition is going to be avaivable in U.S. ! So does that means  that after a couple of weeks  "Runewars: Revised edition" is going to be avaivable in Europe? Like: in the end of february 2013 ?  Or in march? 

2. I see that the price is not going to be that big, as the previous edition (the first one I mean). Could you possibly tell me, what would the price be in Bulgaria ? Around 100 $ ?  

3. Are there going to be enough copies :( ? I really want to buy "Runewars" . I've  watched so many videos about it, and I am so fascinated about the battles, about the sieges, army leadings and so on.  So could you possibly tell me what is the current number of copies ? If they are around 500-1000 I think that I am going to make it :D

4. I couldn't understand one thing. I have an inside-issue about the plastic figures (neutral monsters, and fractions). They are going to be all avaivable as in the first edition right? 200 plastic figures, right?

(by the way, I understood that there are going to be no three-dimensional mountains,right?).

I hope that you are going to distribute this game in Europe, especially in Bulgaria! There are many fans of game boards here :)!  

(sorry if I have any mistakes).

Thank you FantasyFlight Games,

I hope to hear from you soon! 

Yours sincerely,

Bob.

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

For #4, the rulebook has been published online, and the component list indicates all the plastic units will still be there :)

#3 Bobbiesky

Bobbiesky

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Thank you good Sir! I guess, I've missed that fact  about the rulebook! :)

#4 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Bobbiesky said:

Thank you good Sir! I guess, I've missed that fact  about the rulebook! :)

It was only fairly recently published, though, a couple weeks after the "changes from the original" document, so it's not surprising that it may have been missed.

#5 flyingcircus

flyingcircus

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Why is it $79.00, its just $20.00 cheaper than the original big box version?  Other games of the same size are in the $50-60 price range and from what I hear this things been cheapened by so much cardstock its not worth $79.00.

#6 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

flyingcircus said:

Why is it $79.00, its just $20.00 cheaper than the original big box version?  Other games of the same size are in the $50-60 price range and from what I hear this things been cheapened by so much cardstock its not worth $79.00.

There are a LOT of plastic figures and other components in the game.  Most of the games in the same size box have a lot less plastic.  The only major "downgrades" in terms of components from the original are the race sheets and the lack of 3D mountains (well, and the smaller box).  I haven't seen the components, but I'm guessing the map tiles, cards, figures, etc, are all the same quality as the original, so saving $20 is a big deal.

Compare Runewars to Descent, which has a similar cost:

- Runewars has 196 plastic figures (22 different unit types, all with different sculpts, and 12 heroes, which are different, although the same sculpts as in previous Terrinoth games).  Descent has 39 figures (9 types of monsters, 8 heroes, but note some of the monsters are pretty big, too).

- Runewars has 228 cards.  Descent has 236.

- Runewars has 231 tokens (plus another 12 dials and washers for the race sheets).  Descent has 157 (which includes the doors)

- Runewars has 9 map tiles; Descent has 48 (30 numbered ones, and 18 connectors).

Overall, the amount of components in each is comparable, and they have comparable prices.  The games that have cheaper pricepoints typically have fewer components, and often less plastic components (or more generic components; IE, less sculpts).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS