Music for RT? Any ideas?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

I like to play music during my games. Any good suggestions for RT in general and a Ork centric game in particular? I like to use a verity of background tunes and theme songs to set the mood as appropriate to what's going down in game. Anny and all suggestions will be conciddered. :). But some real big needs seethe general RT background theme, as well as a theme song for the group/team/PCs as well as themes for bad guys and a "taking names"theme song I play when my players are at the dramatic conclusion of a game. No songneeds to he the same, but in the past I have used the same song for the"heroic name taking PC action" so players may expect it. ..

#2 Amaimon

Amaimon

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

You can take music from games set in 40k world. Such as:

- dawn of war + winter assault + black crusade + soulstorm maybe

- dawn of war II + chaos rising 

- space marine

- chaos gate

- also mass effect, ME2 and ME3

#3 SirFrog

SirFrog

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Also, against orks, you can always play 80s hard rock, like Twisted Sisters or AC/DC, altenatively some sort of modern heavy metal. It sort of fits with their theme. Two Steps From Hell is also appliable to almost any role-playing scenario, have a look on youtube.

#4 PantsCommander

PantsCommander

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Orks? LIke the man said. AC/DC and thier lesser known cousins Rose Tattoo. Look up "oi" bands too, pretty much anything late 70's British that isn't disco/pop should do.

#5 PantsCommander

PantsCommander

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Also this  - http://en.wikipedia....ki/D-Rok_(band)

And Bolt Thrower.

#6 eBarbarossa

eBarbarossa

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

I mixed the Pirates of the caribbean and the Alien soundtracks and got pretty good results.

Other than that:  Yithian Prophecy.

#7 susanbrindle

susanbrindle

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Carmina Burana, if you're into overused stuff.

Try plugging Transformers Rise of the Fallen and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire into Pandora and seeing what that gets you. Those feature lots of the deep brass that goes well with big spaceships and big guns and the general big everything of 40k.

#8 Amaimon

Amaimon

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

You can also try Immediate Music or Epica for some epic ****.

#9 Stevetassie

Stevetassie

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

There's an epic band/orchestra called Corvus Corax.

Try the soundtracks to Battlestar Galactica - the recent reboot, not the '70s show.

Also, the soundtracks from Starcraft and Eve Online have some good tracks on them.

If you have the time to tinker and play, www.freesound.org is a free library of different music samples and sound effects that can be used to create original music for your own game. Creates some great ambient stuff, not so much for theme songs (although someone with more sound editing skills than me may be able to do more with it).

#10 Lord Steel

Lord Steel

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hmm for da Orks! I would go with stuff from Hammer Fall, Sabaton and Iron Maiden

For just at large I would swing between nice big Choir music with Organs and More somber fair Classical stuff

For when bad stuff is about to go down…. Bad Moon on the Rise and maybe Fortunate Son

and to give your player MOOD WHIPLASH! WIERD AL YANKOVICH!!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS