Anybody run a all Ork game yet?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Wife and I are talking about a game that's all Orks. I have Into the storm arriving in mail on Monday. What else do I need to get er done right asside from Navis Primer which we will order this week. Also, any thoughts or suggestions?  Thanks a ton in advance.

#2 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

The creatures anathema book for dark heresy is the only place I recall finding the stats for ork mega armor. Battlefleet kronus has additional ork vessels. Ive heard stars of iniquity has rules for making a thing more racially aligned to one of the races, among them orks, so it might be worthwile to check it out as well.

#3 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Cryhavok said:

The creatures anathema book for dark heresy is the only place I recall finding the stats for ork mega armor. Battlefleet kronus has additional ork vessels. Ive heard stars of iniquity has rules for making a thing more racially aligned to one of the races, among them orks, so it might be worthwile to check it out as well.

Thanks!  I'll have to get them. I used to have Creatures Anathama but it got loaned (apparently permanently.). I definitely will be needing those stats for the Mega Armor. Its been a favorite mini of mine for years. 

#4 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,923 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

DigitalRedneck said:

Cryhavok said:

Thanks!  I'll have to get them. I used to have Creatures Anathama but it got loaned (apparently permanently.). I definitely will be needing those stats for the Mega Armor. Its been a favorite mini of mine for years. 

If you get stars of Inequity you won't need it. Just take Ramshackle Construction Xenos Power Armour and you're there.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#5 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

HappyDaze said:

DigitalRedneck said:

Cryhavok said:

If you get stars of Inequity you won't need it. Just take Ramshackle Construction Xenos Power Armour and you're there.

Stars of Inequity sounds like a must get for me as we are wanting to have at least one Ork Mek who builds and modifies all kinds of stuff. And we might just go full out and play Evil Sunz, in the Kult of Speed. My book collection seems to be lacking in stats for ground vehicles but I am sure I can wing up some good stuff from the ship build rules. 

#6 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

I am having a bit of trouble making our Ork Warband be of comparable starting power to a Rogue Trader and crew. I am having trouble comparing and quantifying the value of the Warrent vs what a Ork crew should be like in comparison to a more typical PC party with a Warrent and such… Any suggestions?

I am specifically curious as to what ships and war gear Pluss number of Ork boyz and such would you see as making a PC Ork Warband or Freebooters crew equal in power and clout to a starting RT and crew. (I fear I am being far too stingy here…)

#7 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

Scratch my last question. I'm going to have the Wife play a Rank 4 Mekboy who is a Privateer working for a Navagator house in the expanse.  I received into the storm and her pc will be Rank four (Mekboy) with a rank 4 Wierdboy to navigate the ship (if they are any good at it. -Navis primer to arive this week). And the ship will be filled with Ork Boyz from Mark of Xenos. 

Later she can improve the weapons of her Krew and add crazy **** to the ship that's supplied by her patron Nav house. (ship is not decided yet). Cuz she is a Mek. Thinking of going Evil Sunz, Kult of Speed…

also planning to let her take some Trader advances as elite advances Kuz She'z da Kaptain! 

So what do you guys think? Any comments and suggestions welcome!!

#8 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

HappyDaze said:
DigitalRedneck said:

Cryhavok said:

Co.nsidering mega armor is close to terminator armor in strength and AP, I have my doubts that orkified power armor would be quite the same, but I dont have the book to look for myself.

#9 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Cryhavok said:

HappyDaze said:

DigitalRedneck said:

Cryhavok said:

Co.nsidering mega armor is close to terminator armor in strength and AP, I have my doubts that orkified power armor would be quite the same, but I dont have the book to look for myself.

Great point. I'll have to hurry up and get CA (again..lol)before my wife's PC starts trying to build a suit. :).  

Was thinking of having a Nav house provide their Ork "Privateers" with a Cobra Class Destroyer. I figure it's just been given to the Orks so it's going to be all Imperial tech to start except for a Red Paint Job. But I am a but fuzzy on how many Orks and Gretchin it would take to run the thing and also leave enough available Orks for boarding actions and raids. I'm leaning towards 5000 Orks and 10000 Gretchin to start. Any suggestions or thoughts?

#10 SirFrog

SirFrog

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Really, running an all-ork game should work fine as long as you get some stuff. Also, be damn careful with any Weirdboy in your party, because he's gonna kick some serious ass… if he succedes in not getting his head blown apart by 'eadbangas. See the Navis Primer for such lulz.

Also, neccesary reading for anybody really, but especially anybody planning an all-ork game is the wonderful http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Deffwotch, which is a party of orks posing as a Deathwatch kill-team with a stolen Imperial ship. Yes, it is as amusing as it sounds.

#11 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Oh … Wow dude. I am so going to check that out. Orks masquerading as Space Marines should be awesome!  Huge thanks bro. 

#12 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

A cobra class destroyer hull stats appears on pg. 152 of into the storm, and takes aprox. 15000 human crew. Dont know how many orkish types that would be.

#13 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,923 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Cryhavok said:

HappyDaze said:

DigitalRedneck said:

Cryhavok said:

Xenos Construction/Ramshackle/Armour: This armour is incredibly bulky and festooned with absurdly thick armour plates, whirring motors, and smoke-belching engines. Double its weight, and increase all Armour Points it provides by 3. If it is Power Armour or Light Power Armour, it increases the wearer's Strength Bonus by +2. It also imposes a -30 penalty on all Agility-based Tests. (Stars of Inequity, page 88)

That'll be pretty damn close, and remember that it can still have a Craftsmanship modifier (Best on Power Armour will give AP 12 - close enough to Terminator Armour) and a Quirk (ranging from useful to bothersome, but always colourful).

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#14 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

SirFrog said:

Really, running an all-ork game should work fine as long as you get some stuff. Also, be damn careful with any Weirdboy in your party, because he's gonna kick some serious ass… if he succedes in not getting his head blown apart by 'eadbangas. See the Navis Primer for such lulz.

Also, neccesary reading for anybody really, but especially anybody planning an all-ork game is the wonderful http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Deffwotch, which is a party of orks posing as a Deathwatch kill-team with a stolen Imperial ship. Yes, it is as amusing as it sounds.

That Deffwatch Ork link leads to pure GOLD! I've been reading and laughing all evening. Huge thanks for suggesting I give 'er a read. 

#15 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Cryhavok said:

A cobra class destroyer hull stats appears on pg. 152 of into the storm, and takes aprox. 15000 human crew. Dont know how many orkish types that would be.
. Hmmm. Me niether. I am leaning towards saying the ship has 6000 Orks and 8000 Gretchin plus another 2000 squigs and snotlings. mostly because I enjoy the mental image if the ship being packed with greenskins. 

#16 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

HappyDaze said:

Cryhavok said:

HappyDaze said:

DigitalRedneck said:

Cryhavok said:

Xenos Construction/Ramshackle/Armour: This armour is incredibly bulky and festooned with absurdly thick armour plates, whirring motors, and smoke-belching engines. Double its weight, and increase all Armour Points it provides by 3. If it is Power Armour or Light Power Armour, it increases the wearer's Strength Bonus by +2. It also imposes a -30 penalty on all Agility-based Tests. (Stars of Inequity, page 88)

That'll be pretty damn close, and remember that it can still have a Craftsmanship modifier (Best on Power Armour will give AP 12 - close enough to Terminator Armour) and a Quirk (ranging from useful to bothersome, but always colourful).

#17 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

HappyDaze said:

Cryhavok said:

HappyDaze said:

DigitalRedneck said:

Cryhavok said:

HappyDaze said:

Cryhavok said:

HappyDaze said:

DigitalRedneck said:

Cryhavok said:

.  That does sound like it will do the trick. I expect to see the Mekboss building one at the first opritunity. I hope to encourage all sorts of crazy mechanicle creation crazyness. Hehehe

#18 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

HappyDaze said:

Cryhavok said:

HappyDaze said:

DigitalRedneck said:

Cryhavok said:

Thats cool, and your right its close enough for me. Thanks.

#19 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

I reported my screwed up posts to the mods and asked them to clean the ones that are just quotes with no replies. Sorry for those guys, my iPhone flipped out last night. 

Cryhavok, I'm going to keep all the Wierdboys as NPCs for now. So no worries. All pcs will start at rank four so we can have Kommandos and whatnot. Also to explain why a ship full of Orks listens to pcs. All Orks other than pcs will start at rank one or two. My wife is the only player who can make all the proposed game sessions to date so she get to be Da Boss!! She is doing the Meckboy advanced package. So Shea's Mekboss. The entire ship will be comprised of only the Evil Sunz Klan. So lots of Mekboy origines with an even mix of the rest except Wierdboys. Only a dozen of them, led by my pet NPC who is rank four like PCs. All other Wierdboys are rank one or two. 

We will likely have at least one PC Kommando who hopes to eventually create a mob of Kommandos but right now he is going to lead the Hunter Origin types he is "trainin' to foight kunnin'" 

Going to give the PCs about 500 speeder bikes of various looks/designs with the same stats as the bike in into the storm. All pcs get one. Plus most of the rank two boyz  I'm hoping the PCs start modifying te hell out of em. 

All the rank two Boyz (using freebooter stats) are part of the PCs original "Krew" - 1000 of them. The other rank one Boyz are going to be either modified Ork Boyz from mark of the Xenos with modifications to reflect they are evil Sunz from an advanced feral Ork world or rank one freebooters with those same mods. Depends how they stat out. Can't have the rank one Boyz tougher than the rank two freebooters..

im thinking that I may include up to one hundred buggies to go with the bikes as these guys are Evil Sunz. but I'm found to hold back on any kind of aircraft other than something for a landing party or three… I want the PCs to aquire flyers of various types in game. 

Im also planning on building the ship which is going to be a Cobra Destroyar. I'm sure it will get a lance tho. Because I just love ships with lances …

#20 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

Think I'll include flamers and whatnot in the Krews arsonel as I just…, Can't imagine Evil Sunz not having made s bunch of toys while in space on an asteroid intended for Waaagh! But missing its mark by x. 100 years.. With the back story that they got a Rok and launched themselves at a planut an missed! Seeing opritunity a renegade Navigator House hired the Krew of 1000+ an asked them to foight der foight! Fer Proffit an glooery!!

Da Evil Sunz agreez to help da Navisvboyz in exchunge for da teck! An loot! 

The Nav house asks 30% reg tech an 50% rare tech luke da Xeno stuffs! Butt da fix da ship good fer free!  An provide places to land an trade da loot! An all we got ta do is foight fer em to fit da loot!

Recently day rescued som evil Sunz reedy fur da space from a backwater planut. Deyz da most of da Boyz!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS