Pilot skills

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'm currently running a X-wing league at my LGS. Each player in the league is represented by a single fighter. Pilot skills are earned by gaining experience points and spending them on skills and upgrades. I want to add the following named pilot abilities to those available but have to set a price for each. I've listed them in descending cost per model:

• Red Squd.    23: Pilot skill 4:
  • Biggs            25: Pilot skill 5: Other friendly ships at range 1 cannot be targeted by attacks if the attacker could target you instead
  • Garven         26: Pilot skill 6: After spending a focus token, you may place that token on any other friendly ship at range 1-2 (instead of discarding it)
  • Skywalker     28: Pilot skill 8: When defending, you may change one 1 of your Focus results to a Evade result
  • Antilles          29: Pilot skill 9: When attacking, reduce the defenders agility value by 1(to a minimum of “0”)

It seems to me that each individuals abilities is worth 1 point if you say each +1 to pilot skill is worth 1 point in model cost. 1 point per ability seems to cheap to me. Do you think I should mark them up by +1 or +2?

Dutch and Horton's ability also works out to 1 point for the ability.

Any feedback is welcome

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#2 AncientAngel

AncientAngel

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

One of the wave 2 cards does what you are looking for it is called Veteran Instincts. For 2 points it increases the pilot skill by 2 points. Up until this cards release I was under the impression 1 increase in pilot skill had a base cost of 1. 

#3 Acebaur

Acebaur

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

AncientAngel said:

One of the wave 2 cards does what you are looking for it is called Veteran Instincts. For 2 points it increases the pilot skill by 2 points. Up until this cards release I was under the impression 1 increase in pilot skill had a base cost of 1. 

It's actually 1 point for the card not 2.

To the OP each point of pilot skill is worth 1 squad point.  See this thread

http://www.fantasyfl...734236&efpag=0 

For a good base for how the squad points break down. There is some wonky stuff but the ships that have a difference in points from the formula were likely done for game balance.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS