TIE force

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy

Rowdy

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

This is the first time I've thrown a force on the forum so be gentle:)

6 Ties, all named pilots, Mithel with Vet Instincts, Howlrunner with Squad Leader.

Any good?

#2 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Rowdy said:

6 Ties, all named pilots, Mithel with Vet Instincts, Howlrunner with Squad Leader.

Any good?

dark curse (16pts)

night beast (15pts)

winged gundark (15pts)

backstabber (16pts)

mauler mithel (17pts) + Vet Instincts (1pt)

howlrunner (18pts) + Squad Leader (2pts)

looks solid. id replace squad leader with swarm tactics myself, its an automatic benefit and im thinking that howlrunner will be a big target meaning he might need to keep that evasive action most times rather than give another ship a free action.

iv found flying in two squads or wings is best although you can go with 2-4 or 3-3, keeping the largest team with howlrunner.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#3 Rowdy

Rowdy

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

The_Brown_Bomber said:

looks solid. id replace squad leader with swarm tactics myself, its an automatic benefit and im thinking that howlrunner will be a big target meaning he might need to keep that evasive action most times rather than give another ship a free action.

iv found flying in two squads or wings is best although you can go with 2-4 or 3-3, keeping the largest team with howlrunner.

Thanks, will try swarm. The plan was a 3-3 form with Howlrunner leading one and Mithel leading the other. 

1st Flight

Mauler Mithel (Vet Instincts) 18

Night Beast 15

Dark Curse 16

2nd Flight

Howlrunner (Swarm Tactics) 20

Winged Gundark 15

Backstabber 16

100 Points

Cheers

#4 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

The_Brown_Bomber said:

Rowdy said:

Any good?

dark curse (16pts)

night beast (15pts)

winged gundark (15pts)

backstabber (16pts)

mauler mithel (17pts) + Vet Instincts (1pt)

howlrunner (18pts) + Squad Leader (2pts)

maybe dropping winged gundark in favour of an academy pilot to free up 3 pts for Stealth Device on Dark Curse. imo winged gundarks ability is one of the weakest of the name pilots and having a target-lock-proof tie fighter that rolls 4 or 5 def dice until hes his is actually very good esp when u will likely be choosing evasive action on him as well.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS