kicking the deadest of horses….

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Boonedj

Boonedj

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

I know it is probably the deadest of horses, but I just playedthis game last week for the first time. Fell absolutely inlove with it. I come from warhammer fantasy world where set paitning set up and game play and tear down takes the life of several stars to accomplish. Immediatly spent the weekend scouring my city for a copy of the core set. found several expansions which I purchased… Then went to amazon and e-bay and all of those people are out of stock too…

My question is this when are they releasing the core set again?

Cheers Dan

#2 TacticalBastrd

TacticalBastrd

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=x-wing

saw this on amazon.

"The probability of a successful dice roll is inversely proportional to the relative amount of negative impact its failure will have on your character."  -Murphy's RPG Corollary-

Co-Host of The Sabacc Table Podcast

#3 KnightShift

KnightShift

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

It seems to be selling out all over the place.  I'm in north-central North Carolina and the core sets are getting harder to find here too.

But I've heard from a number of people in retail that there'll be more core sets available when Wave 2 hits during the next few weeks.

My gut feeling is that one of the reasons why there's a current shortage is to burn through the original stock, because the next batch from then on out will require the Disney™ logo be printed on the boxes :-P

#4 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Dan, 

where are you located?

~Ron

#5 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

My retailer said they are actually all out of stock at the maunfacturer. I would hope that they will be back in stock at around the time Wave 2 hits shelves, as has been suggested above, but I wouldn't put money on that.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#6 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

You should try 

http://m.target.com/...ng/-/A-14044860

#7 Boonedj

Boonedj

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hey guys! thanks for all the responses. I ended up pruchasing it on amazing and turns out they dont have it. and will "mail it to me when they get it"

@Ron- I live in Victoria British Columbia.

Also we dont have target in canada yet.

Looks like SoL untill wave 2 hits.

#8 Garven Dreis

Garven Dreis

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

KnightShift said:

It seems to be selling out all over the place.  I'm in north-central North Carolina and the core sets are getting harder to find here too.

But I've heard from a number of people in retail that there'll be more core sets available when Wave 2 hits during the next few weeks.

My gut feeling is that one of the reasons why there's a current shortage is to burn through the original stock, because the next batch from then on out will require the Disney™ logo be printed on the boxes :-P

From what I've heard from my FLGS (Australia), people were buying cases of the game at conventions (?) so now some distributors are unable to get stock.

#9 Spyral

Spyral

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

I first discovered the game at Barnes & Noble. My local store alway seems to have a sizeable stock of Core and Expansion sets. Try there?

EDIT: Just realized you live in Canada. I'm not sure B&N exists in Canada.

#10 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 698 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Not sure how hard it is to get to, but there is a Target in Bellis Fair Mall in Bellingham, WA.  They generally to have pretty good stock.  Their web page shows in stock at that localtion (tho that's not always accurate).

I don't know how stupid our border crossing is these days.  It may be worth the trip to you.  If so, I would just get two core sets, we all end up getting two eventually.

#11 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 698 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Or any of the Target stores in the Seattle area.  Not sure where you can get to easily.

#12 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Every Target Store around me has it in stock, zip 20882.  I didn't even know Target carried it.

#13 TK4334

TK4334

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

There are a few on German Ebay…shouldn't be to expensive to ship to the UK.
X-Wing Regional Champion 2014 Berlin
X-Wing Regional Champion 2014 Hamburg
X-Wing Regional Champion 2013 Nürnberg
X-Wing Store Champion 2014 Wiesbaden, Mainz, Düsseldorf and Iserlohn

#14 niceas

niceas

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Just an FYI, to the best of my knowledge all the Vancouver BC stores are out of stock as well - have you checked Nanaimo? IIRC they have a game store up there

#15 SleeplessKnight

SleeplessKnight

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hey Dan, Daves Pop Culture in North Delta had two of the core sets in stock when they did the Kessel Run event last Saturday. They might have them still if you're willing to take the ferry to the Tsawassen ferry terminal. They should just be a short drive from the ferry terminal. Give them a call.

http://www.davespopculture.com/

#16 cmage

cmage

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

my local game store still has a couple and I have all so have seen them at a Barns and Noble store.

#17 AncientAngel

AncientAngel

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

The miniature market has one heck of a deal on X-Wing miniatures. I do not know if they ship to Canada thou.I

#18 Boonedj

Boonedj

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Hey thanks for all the help guys!! 

I did order one through Ebay last night and another through Barnes and Noble… 

Bit of tricky business with barnes and noble, if you sign up and pay the 25$ membership fee for free express shipping read the fine print, you do not get free express shipping to canada even if you are signing up on thier canadian website. 

So within 2 weeks I should have 2 core set copies 

again thanks again guys!

#19 Boonedj

Boonedj

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Hey thanks for all the help guys!! 

I did order one through Ebay last night and another through Barnes and Noble… 

Bit of tricky business with barnes and noble, if you sign up and pay the 25$ membership fee for free express shipping read the fine print, you do not get free express shipping to canada even if you are signing up on thier canadian website. 

So within 2 weeks I should have 2 core set copies 

again thanks again guys!

#20 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

AncientAngel said:

The miniature market has one heck of a deal on X-Wing miniatures. I do not know if they ship to Canada thou.I

I remembered them a couple weeks ago (I used to get my case or 2 of each SWM release from them) and went on there to check if they had wave 2 up for preorder and ended up buying both big ships and 2 of each fighter to start off with.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS