Powered by Edge of the Empire

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Darian Ocana

Darian Ocana

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

I know the game is still in beta, but have any of you already started kitbashing this system for other games that you like to play?

I will admit that my first love of RPGs is and always will be Cyberpunk 2020. After seeing the new CP2077 trailer I started dreaming about my old games that I played in and ran as a GM. So… I've decided to bite the bullet and try my hand at converting the core system of EotE to run CP. I really feel that that the story mechanic that exists within the dice will make for some very dynamic games. I've already determined that I will be using the Force dice to represent Empathy. I see the psyche of the PCs varying from game to game as they struggle to cope with their cyberenhancements. This pendulum of psychological strain will only get worse as they slowly begin to graft more and more into their bodies. Should be a fun exercise.

#2 Locrious

Locrious

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

I've already started making a Mass Effect 3 build from both EotE and WFRP together. Using talent trees and stats from EotE, stances and spellcasting from WFRP. Paragon and Renegade instead of Conservative and Reckless dice.

I look forward to sharing when I get a little further with it.

#3 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Good to know people are working on Conversions.  Trying my hand at a Rifts one, and had ideas for Mass Effect, so Locrious, I look forward to seeing what you've got in mind.

I also plan on working out my own setting… because, hey, why not?

You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#4 Locrious

Locrious

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

That Blasted Samophlange said:

Good to know people are working on Conversions.  Trying my hand at a Rifts one, and had ideas for Mass Effect, so Locrious, I look forward to seeing what you've got in mind.

I also plan on working out my own setting… because, hey, why not?

Totally. When I've compiled enough information, maybe I'll toss it up on a Google drive and we can collaborate on a future homebrew. Could be fun. thanks

#5 CStevenRoss

CStevenRoss

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

I've been working on an idea for recreating the movie Predator using EotE mechanics as a base. Should be wicked!

#6 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

i've considered adopting the dice mechanics for Traveller and Star Trek.

• capnhayes likes this

#7 Darian Ocana

Darian Ocana

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hey guys,

As I mentioned, I've been working on a Cyberpunk conversion. I've been working on quite a bit, but I wanted to post one thing up that I believe everyone will like. The Cyberpunk Lifepath. I've taken the idea of the lifepath and fitted it with an EotE trapping using the dice to determine outcomes. I think its kinda neat, BUT I still haven't finished it yet. That's where you all come in. I'd love some suggestions on how to fill out the remaining tables, or, comments on how this could be implememted. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

https://dl.dropbox.c...tE Lifepath.pdf

#8 Darian Ocana

Darian Ocana

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Lifepath is done for now. I may tinker with it in the future. Please take a look at it, if you have any comments or suggestions, please fire away!

#9 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I am planning on BOTH a Samurai and Old West convertion. I love this system A LOT. It is quick, fast and simple. And EVERYONE that plays loves the dice system once they get used to it.

#10 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

BrashFink said:

I am planning on BOTH a Samurai and Old West convertion. I love this system A LOT. It is quick, fast and simple. And EVERYONE that plays loves the dice system once they get used to it.

The use of the system for Mongoose Traveller or MegaTraveller is pretty straightforward…

Just use the Edge rules as is, but expand the weapons tables.

Damage should be about 2x the Mongoose Traveller damage dice (+1 if DM+2 or more, -1 if DM-1 or more), or 5+(Pen/2) for MT.

Other than that, and the equipment lists, the two games cover the same ground. Traveller does trade better, Edge does tasks better, and the two have very different approaches to CGen.

Of course, one could use the Edge dice as a task system for MegaTraveller without a hitch… just use Att/3 instead of full att, and use successes as adding to Pen. The standard task labels convert asymmetrically… based upon assumed MT DM+2 (1 from Att 7,1 from skill 1) and the 2d throw

MT Label MT TN Edge
Simple 3+ 1p
Routine 7+ 2p
Difficult 11+ 3p
Formidable 15+ 3p+1r
Impossible 19+ 3p+2r

And, in MT, unskilled upgrades difficulty twice.

#11 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Locrious said:

I've already started making a Mass Effect 3 build from both EotE and WFRP together. Using talent trees and stats from EotE, stances and spellcasting from WFRP. Paragon and Renegade instead of Conservative and Reckless dice.

I look forward to sharing when I get a little further with it.

I'd love to have a look at that!

• capnhayes likes this

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#12 whafrog

whafrog

• Members
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

The irony is I've been trying to kit-bash the World of Darkness to Star Wars, and I'm thinking I might have to switch it around and go the other way now…

#13 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

Now that FFG's Narrative is catching on in a second game and being refined, it makes me wonder if we will see a generic FFG Narrative core book someday? We have WHFRP and EotE using this narrative system, further refining it, and hopefully getting the RPG community more interested. A hardback generic narrative rules system not geared to any specific genre. It would have the narrative system, generic character creation (warrior, soldier, wizard, pilot, lawyer, noble, etc) plus a gear section with examples of a little of each genre (swords, guns, laser rifles, cars, horses, spaceships, tanks), It would be a great addition to my library.

• capnhayes likes this

#14 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Darian Ocana said:

I will admit that my first love of RPGs is and always will be Cyberpunk 2020. After seeing the new CP2077 trailer I started dreaming about my old games that I played in and ran as a GM. So… I've decided to bite the bullet and try my hand at converting the core system of EotE to run CP. I really feel that that the story mechanic that exists within the dice will make for some very dynamic games. I've already determined that I will be using the Force dice to represent Empathy. I see the psyche of the PCs varying from game to game as they struggle to cope with their cyberenhancements. This pendulum of psychological strain will only get worse as they slowly begin to graft more and more into their bodies. Should be a fun exercise.

I was thinking about this last night. Since FFG has their Android world, what if they released an Android RPG? Based on the info I've gleaned off from Netrunner, I know I'd really dig a RPG based on the concept using the same system as SW:EotE. ;)

#15 macd21

macd21

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

Yeah, I'd love to see a generic system released with sourcebooks for some of FFG's different lines, like Andruid or Twilight Imperium.

#16 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

I'm going to try a crimson skies adaptation over the weekend.

Very little adaptation was necessary. The longest part was converting the planes' stats to EotE.

CrimsonSkies.gif

Modified character sheet

Aircraft profiles

Rules adaptations (1st Draft)

thumbnail%202.png

Intro Movie:

(From the old PC game)

An old but still informative website (Information about the setting):

http://firedrake.org...chive/index.htm

Gotta love those planes:

http://firedrake.org...erse/planes.htm

Should be fun

Edited by Aazlain, 31 July 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Homemade character sheet (v4) (One side for social interaction and one side for physical conflict - Work in progress)
EotE Symbols Font (Unofficial) and Character map

#17 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

On an interesting side note. I slept through the entire last weekend due to the flu and it was one of those fevery odd sleeps where I would think about concepts. Interesting bit is, I completely High Concepted rules for a Post Apocalypse Strategy War Board Game using some of the dice mechanics.

#18 v1ggo

v1ggo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Look's realy nice. Do you mind sharing the convertion for the planes an the character sheet?

#19 Inquisitor Tremayne

Inquisitor Tremayne

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

I'm adapting it to a Post-Apocalyptic setting for my fiance.  A blend of 28 Days Later + X-Men + Resident Evil.

• capnhayes likes this

#20 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Aazlain said:

Modified character sheet:

https://www.dropbox...._by_EotE_v1.pdf

Link is broken :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS