CIPCTD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Matrim528

Matrim528

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hello, I've been reading the Only War rulebook, and came across the entry for the "Calixian Infantryman's Portable Communications Transcription Device", and I have no clue what it's supposed to be. I've read the description three times over and can't, for the life of me, figure out what the item is supposed to be.

For those who would like to know what I'm talking about, the item is on page 200 of the Only War Core Rulebook. Any feedback and/or answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

#2 Musclewizard

Musclewizard

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

It's a pen.

#3 LuciusT

LuciusT

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Musclewizard said:

It's a pen.

LoL! I read that entry something like three times before smacking myself on the forehead and saying exactly those words. I'm torn between loving the fact that they have nearly half a column, with rules, for a pen… and hating them for wasting the page space on an elaborate joke when they still left out Purity Seals despite the Beta test comments.

#4 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Musclewizard said:

It's a pen.

You should always try to get a Best-Craftsmanship one - it's the one with 3-4 different colour inks!

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#5 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Don't forget the Calixian Infantryman's Portable Communications Notation Devices that are most of the time issued with CIPCTD.

Sergeant: "Why isn't the message already sent!"

Vox-operator: "Sir, the vox frequencies are jammed so we can't contact HQ so we have to rely on runners."

Sergeant: "So what is the hold up?"

Vox-Operator: "Sir, my CIPCTD was malfunctioning so I had to perform Litany of Gestuculation. I think it's working now."

Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS