Not Available

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Barefoottourguide

Barefoottourguide

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

I want to support my FLGS. He tried to order the Beginner Game for me and found his distributor was out of it. Will inventory be replenished soon, or is this a grab it where you can limited release?

Garrett

#2 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Seeing as how FFG was heavily pushing pre-orders for their December release products, it might be a case of your FLGS' distributor simply having shipped what copies they had available to them out the door already.  Amazon apparently has similar issues, as last I heard they had a week+ delay on getting orders for this product shipped out of their warehouses.

I suspect there will be a reprint, but you might just be better off grabbing it where you can if you're eager to purchase it.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#3 TonyF1330

TonyF1330

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Amazon sent me an e-mail today indicating that my Beginner's Box order had been canceled "Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the [item]."

Oh well, so much for the $19.99 price that I thought I had locked in. Instead I choose to order it from one of Amazon's partners for $34.99. Given that I haven't found it in a store in my area - I'll be glad to have a copy in the first place.

#4 Barefoottourguide

Barefoottourguide

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Ordered mine from miniature market. 24 bucks plus 8 dollars shipping… but at least I'll be getting the product. Hope the book and gm kit doesn't have this problem.

Garrett

#5 bobfrankly

bobfrankly

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

My FLGS still had his still sitting in the UPS box two weeks ago when I went to see if they had it. My less friendly local comic book store (Read: Unwashed geeks who can't fulfill a omnibus order even 4 weeks after it's promised delivery date) didn't even order them. Maybe there's another FLLGS (less local) that is just sitting in them, like mine is.

#6 coreysolo

coreysolo

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Yup, I had that issue with Amazon as well. I had waited almost 3 weeks and nothing. I find their lack of availability……you know the rest.

I ended up driving about 2 hours to a gaming store that had the Beginner's box after calling around all day. I don't regret the decision in the slightest.

#7 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Barefoottourguide said:

Ordered mine from miniature market. 24 bucks plus 8 dollars shipping… but at least I'll be getting the product. Hope the book and gm kit doesn't have this problem.

Garrett

Yeah, why would anyone pay $35 for the thing? Miniatures Market, Coolstuffinc and even Noble knight will all be much cheaper - and they probably have it. Just shop a bit.

#8 Keeop

Keeop

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Haven't received the "too bad" e-mail from Amazon yet, but I've been waiting about a month, too.  I should receive it by Jan. 26th. If not I guess I'll cancel and order it from any of the numerous places I've found online. I was worried that I'd lose my 20 dollar buy-in but it appears that several other retailers are offering that same price.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS