Jump to content



Photo

New to Game: Dunedain Mark and Gandalf 2 Player


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Supermeighen

Supermeighen

    Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

On the Dunedain Mark card it states:  "Action:  Pay one resource from attached hero's pool to attach Dunedain Mark to another hero."  Does this mean that I can pay a resource and "invisibly" attach Dunedain Mark to another hero?  Or does this mean I physically take the card off of one hero to attach it to another?  

My other question is in reference to Gandalf in a 2 player game.  Can a player pay resources for Gandalf if Gandalf is in the other player's hand?  In other words, if a "neutral" resource player card is in a player's hand, can the other player pay his own resources for it to bring it into play?  Thanks for any help you can afford me in clearing this up.  



#2 CJMatos

CJMatos

    Member

  • Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Supermeighen said:

On the Dunedain Mark card it states:  "Action:  Pay one resource from attached hero's pool to attach Dunedain Mark to another hero."  Does this mean that I can pay a resource and "invisibly" attach Dunedain Mark to another hero?  Or does this mean I physically take the card off of one hero to attach it to another?  

My other question is in reference to Gandalf in a 2 player game.  Can a player pay resources for Gandalf if Gandalf is in the other player's hand?  In other words, if a "neutral" resource player card is in a player's hand, can the other player pay his own resources for it to bring it into play?  Thanks for any help you can afford me in clearing this up.  

 

1- You have to physically attach it to the other hero.

 

2 - No. Only the player that have the card in it's hand, can pay to put it in play…


Carlos José Matos


#3 Supermeighen

Supermeighen

    Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Thanks for the quick reply!  Off to more adventures!



#4 Mechanoise

Mechanoise

    Member

  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Supermeighen said:

My other question is in reference to Gandalf in a 2 player game.  Can a player pay resources for Gandalf if Gandalf is in the other player's hand?  In other words, if a "neutral" resource player card is in a player's hand, can the other player pay his own resources for it to bring it into play?

As CJMatos stated, you can only pay for cards that are from your hand; however, it is possible to pay for cards, (from your hand), and give them to other people. So you can pay for your Gandalf and give him to your second player.



#5 CJMatos

CJMatos

    Member

  • Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Mechanoise said:

Supermeighen said:

 

My other question is in reference to Gandalf in a 2 player game.  Can a player pay resources for Gandalf if Gandalf is in the other player's hand?  In other words, if a "neutral" resource player card is in a player's hand, can the other player pay his own resources for it to bring it into play?

 

 

As CJMatos stated, you can only pay for cards that are from your hand; however, it is possible to pay for cards, (from your hand), and give them to other people. So you can pay for your Gandalf and give him to your second player.

 

Wrong…

To other players you can only give attachments or events… Allies not.


Carlos José Matos


#6 Mechanoise

Mechanoise

    Member

  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

Really? Apologies, I retract my statement.



#7 Mechanoise

Mechanoise

    Member

  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

CJMatos said:

Wrong…

To other players you can only give attachments or events… Allies not.

 

Just re-read the manual and found it in the back, I was wrong, Alies cannot come into play under another player's control. Apologies for any confusion.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS