• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I notice that 1e had a lot of mention of "inquisitors."  Should these be separate from a typical witch-hunter design or would they be the equivalent of an upper tier witch hunter?

jh

#2 gruntl

gruntl

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

I think that would be nice to have as an upper tier Witch hunter and possibly Cleric career. Maybe making it hybrid between the two.

Something like
Advanced trait
3 talent slots (Focus, Reputation, Faith)

Requires: Completed Witch hunter or Disciple (Sigmar)
Career ability: Choose either the Witch hunter career ability or Initiate career ability (including a Faith:Sigmar card)

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

I was thinking it would be good for an advanced tier of the basic Interrogator career as well.

jh

#4 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Oh! I cannot agree more.

A few days ago I had a discussion with a player of mine. He is embodying a she roadwarden than wants to become a Witch Hunter. He is a bit disapointed with the flavour of the Witch Hunter in Warhammer 3. Mainly, it looks like the designers (or GW forced them to) took a more Warhammer Online approach to the Witch Hunter, where it is a ranged dps character, i.e. Agility as primary characteristic, Ballistic skill, career skills to do more damage…

On the other hand, what my player was saying, and he has a point, is that a Witch Hunter has to be able to face the horrors of chaos, so why not WP as a primary characteristic and Discipline skill? Additionally, Witch Hunter inspire awe and fear to townsfolk and they are trained to see through deception, so why not a career skill like the one from the interrogator of Emirikol?

That were mainly his complains about the 3rd edition Witch hunter.

I think, that instead of a high tier Witch Hunter career, it would be nice to have a parallel career path as proposed by gruntl, one that you can follow after completing Witch Hunter, call it Inquisitor, that takes this things into account. A player can then choose if he wants to go for the Ranged dps Witch Hunter type (Witch Hunter -> Witch Hunter Captain), or for a more ice cold - steel nerves kind of Witch Hunter.

Just my five cents.

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#5 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I just remembered back from my warhammer 2 days, that the guys from Funcina Tileana had done the Inquisitor, a Stalian career by that time, great!

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#6 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Sorry, memory problems are a terrible things.

Wasn't there a book  that told of the inner workings of the Witch hunters. Could have been a novel series set in the Great Temple of Sigmar.

I am sure i remember reading of different departments and one was a plate wearing melee type knight. But think that was a warrior priest of sigmar or a knight of Sigmar. Since the order hq is in the Great Temple of Sigmar.

I just wish I could remember the book I read it in grr.  Also was sure the Inquisitor ordered normal witch hunters around, making them at least one step up from a witch hunter.  Maybe they were the ones that sorted out corruption in their own faith, police of the police if you will?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS