• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Coloradians!

Looking for players interested in getting together. I live in the Springs, and am willing to travel.

Welcome to the machine!

#2 saldo

saldo

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Do you ever play at Gamers Haven or Petries?

#3 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I don't know where those are, but if there are players, I can arrange a trip. PM sent.

Welcome to the machine!

#4 CrimsonWraith

CrimsonWraith

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Petrie's is located off of Woodmen and Hartsel.  They run an LCG night on Tuesday nights every week from 6pm to 8pm.  Star Wars and Netrunner are primarily the two games that everyone's playing right now.  Feel free to stop by, and ask for Matt (that's me) if you would like anyone to show you the ropes, I'm there almost every week.

You can find more information on Petrie's by checking out their website here: http://www.petriesgames.com/

#5 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Matt for the information. I might just try to stop in on Tuesday to see how it goes.

Welcome to the machine!

#6 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

So Matt, Tuesday is quickly approaching and I am excited to play. Are you going to be around on Tuesday to walk a noobie through the ropes?

Welcome to the machine!

#7 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Played my first games this evening. Thanks to the guys at Petrie's for the good time and the good games.

(I had some fantastic beginner's luck FWIW).

Welcome to the machine!

#8 CrimsonWraith

CrimsonWraith

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Thanks for showing up Adam, glad you had a good time!  We look forward to seeing you again next week.  =)

#9 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

CrimsonWraith said:

Thanks for showing up Adam, glad you had a good time!  We look forward to seeing you again next week.  =)

For certain. Are you planning on going over to Gamer's Haven this evening? Though about stopping in …

Welcome to the machine!

#10 CrimsonWraith

CrimsonWraith

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

For certain. Are you planning on going over to Gamer's Haven this evening? Though about stopping in …

Nah, my Wednesday nights are booked, my wife and I have a board game night over at Muse.

#11 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

All

I went ahead and created a Yahoo! Group located here. I also loaded some links, calendar events and a sweet image.

I plan on working out a tournament weekend; probably the 23rd of February at Enchanted Grounds. I have worked a weekend there before. I would like to have monthly events there. More info to follow: check here and on the Group for details!

Welcome to the machine!

#12 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Bumpdate!

So it looks like I am totally spamming, but I call it free advertising.

The first event is inside of a week, the 23rd at Enchanted Grounds. Details and link can be found here (FFG forums) or here (Yahoo! group).

Welcome to the machine!

#13 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

Bump. Trying to put a group together to travel to NM the weekend of the 13th. If interested, LMK. 

As always, we are playing this Tuesday in the springs, and later this month in Denver. 

Welcome to the machine!

#14 Dxopherj

Dxopherj

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

I'm actually curious if there is a colorado caming community?

#15 YPJake

YPJake

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

My buddy David and I were pretty into SWCCG back when it was out and we're thinking about jumping into this.  Problem is there isn't much of a "scene" in Colorado it seems.  We're checking out a tournament at the Wizard's Chest next thursday.  If anyone's interested we can see if we can get a bunch of us together.

#16 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

Dxopherj said:

I'm actually curious if there is a colorado caming community?

YPJake said:

My buddy David and I were pretty into SWCCG back when it was out and we're thinking about jumping into this.  Problem is there isn't much of a "scene" in Colorado it seems.  We're checking out a tournament at the Wizard's Chest next thursday.  If anyone's interested we can see if we can get a bunch of us together.

To answer the both y'all at the same time, there is a growing play base in Colorado Springs. We have ~ 12 in our local playgroup on Tuesdays @ Petrie's in north CSprings. I organize monthly meets @ Enchanted Grounds in Highland Ranch. I haven't heard about other areas, however there is a Regional Scheduled in Pueblo. We have two scheduled in the Springs. I haven't had an opportunity to visit their store and see about their playbase. I can tell you there are players in Ft Collins as well - met them @ Enchanted Grounds last time we met. It looks like for the two that are going to Wizard's Chest on Thursday that an Enchanted Grounds meet would work pretty well. 

I have created a Yahoo! Group for organizing and advertising Colorado events: the link is in my signature line.

Lastly and most important - play this game! It is fantastic. I am also a SWCCG oldhead, and this game is fresh and fun. I have enjoyed it since I opened the first box.

Looking forward to meet y'all.

MJA

Welcome to the machine!

#17 Dxopherj

Dxopherj

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

The irony is I'm the David in YPJakes comment we randomly found the same thread the exact same time it seems. We've played a few games today and it is fun! We'll be staying in contact and working our way to events.

#18 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Outstanding!

Do you think you will be able to make it out this weekend?

adam

Welcome to the machine!

#19 Dxopherj

Dxopherj

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Thats the goal, so far it looks good.

#20 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

excellent! Look forward to meeting you! See you saturday.

Welcome to the machine!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS