Any tutorial videos of EotE in play?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

FFG and others (Team Covenant for one) put up some great tutorial videos for the Star Wars LCG and the X-Wing Miniatures game.

Are there any video tutorials for the Edge of the Empire RPG?

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters, 1 Lambda

25 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 76 kills versus 48 losses

#2 A1istir

A1istir

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Would be awesome to see a game being ran.

#3 Delta-175

Delta-175

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

I have been searching YouTube and the internet for gameplay or tutorial videos, and I haven't found any.

Delta175

-Dietrich-

#4 djext1

djext1

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

No real videos that I know of.  But the order 66 podcast has a 2 part live skype game that you can download and listen to.  It's great help in getting an idea of howthe system works.  You can download any of the podcast for the EOTE system at http://feeds.feedburner.com/Order66

The celebrity live game is what you want.  Give them a listen, I think you'll find what you're after.  GM Chris does a great job running the game!  It's a lotof fun to listen to.

The EotE Dork Night Online Gaming Group!

Broadcasting our live Google Hangout Games every couple of weeks. 

Visit our website for information about our group and our games.

#5 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,382 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

GM Chris did a much earlier live-play demo of EotE on JustinTV, with local players instead of it being recorded on Skype.  I took a look at the D20 Radio Channel, but it seems said live-play demo didn't get recorded.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#6 Thandrim

Thandrim

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Heh, my first post in the forums and I am going to sound like an advertiser, but this past Thursday the 17th of January the Thursday Knights webcast group played the first of at least two sessions from the Beginner boxed set.  This episode features the normal learning to play the game as they played the game and they were their usual entertaining selves.

They broadcast on TwitchTV and will be playing again this coming Thursday as well.  To skip the pre-game chatter pop over to 37 minutes into the latest video and also get to witness a perfect Star Wars RPG introduction.  Obviously there are spoilers for the Beginner adventure and there are a few curse words here and there.  For myself I found the episode both educational and  encouraging with respect of EotE.

#7 Lord of Malice

Lord of Malice

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Back during the beta the Order 66 podcast had a really nice example of gameplay. I can not remember what episode it was in though. Anyway it managed to make a battle with Mynocks have tension and excitement. FFG has developed a really great system and I would not mind them putting up some gameplay example videos on the site, help my players wrap their heads around it.

#8 BillW

BillW

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

There is a useful series of videos on YouTube that use MapTool so you can clearly see the game board. They go through the Beginner Box adventure "Escape from Mos Shuta" then the follow-up adventure "The Long Arm of the Hut". Check out the first video in the series here.

#9 djext1

djext1

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

If you want to see my group playing over google hangout feel free to click the link in my sig.  We use the EOTE diceroller app in hangout, so you can't see the rolls that we are seeing, but you can see us playing the game.  "Everyone has Obligations" and "At least you have your health" are pretty decent games that we had fun doing.  We have started broadcasting all of our games live, so we only have the last 3.  But we'll always broadcast our games from here on out.  Thursday Knights on twitch is a fun watch, as well as the WhyCalibur series on youtube, (mentioned in the post above this one).  Anyway...yeah =P

The EotE Dork Night Online Gaming Group!

Broadcasting our live Google Hangout Games every couple of weeks. 

Visit our website for information about our group and our games.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS