Fetal AI

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ariteko

Ariteko

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Today during the first game with the latest Data Pack I accessed Fetal AI while having 6 agenda points, 2 cards on my hand and 4 credits (enough to pay the extra cost for scoring it). After looking at the rulebook we couldn't decide if the 2 net damage happen before, after or at the same time that the agenda was scored. Another problem from the situation was in the case corp achived victory how many points in a tournament would be given to the runner because in the rulebook says if you reveal an agenda you score it.

And 2 more problems, if the runner have 3 cards on hand, acces Fetal AI and the opposing player plays with the Jinteki that deals 1 net damage when an agenda is scored who wins? The other thing is if I play a Maker eye or have a medium with X counters and I get acces to an agenda that makes my win first and then to a Fetal AI while having just 2 cards who wins the game?

Thanks for your help

#2 Starsplice

Starsplice

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Ariteko said:

Today during the first game with the latest Data Pack I accessed Fetal AI while having 6 agenda points, 2 cards on my hand and 4 credits (enough to pay the extra cost for scoring it). After looking at the rulebook we couldn't decide if the 2 net damage happen before, after or at the same time that the agenda was scored. Another problem from the situation was in the case corp achived victory how many points in a tournament would be given to the runner because in the rulebook says if you reveal an agenda you score it.

And 2 more problems, if the runner have 3 cards on hand, acces Fetal AI and the opposing player plays with the Jinteki that deals 1 net damage when an agenda is scored who wins? The other thing is if I play a Maker eye or have a medium with X counters and I get acces to an agenda that makes my win first and then to a Fetal AI while having just 2 cards who wins the game?

Thanks for your help

1) The instant you get 7 or more agenda points you win the game. The taking damage and all that doesn't matter anymore.

2) If you access Fetal and take 3 damage, you have no cards in hand anymore. You only flatline (die) when you discard more cards than in your hand. So in your case, discarding 4 cards would force you to lose.

3) Once again, if you hit 7 points you win before damage is applied.

NOW, be warned damage isn't dealt all at the same time. So if you maker's eye and access card 1: Fetal AI  2:Fetal AI  3: Fetal AI. When you access the 1st Fetal you take 2 damage from the card, pay 2 to score it and then take 1 damage from the Jinteki Corp power. And then you repeat the same thing for every card. So you could indeed lose the game that way, which is why Jinteki is so dangerous. So if you had 2 cards the 1st Fetal would take them away from you. At that point you HAVE to hit 7 agenda points or the Corp power will flatline you.

#3 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Ariteko said:

Thanks for your help

Fetal AI deals 2 net damages to the Runner before it is stolen (When accessed), so you discard the 2 cards in hand, then (pay 2 credits and) steal it and win the game.  Even if the Corp is Jinteki (Core identity), it does not matter, because that 1 net damage is dealt after the agenda is stolen, at which point the game has finished so the damage is never dealt (this point is covered in the official FAQ).

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#4 Amuk

Amuk

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

We encountered this situation in a game and, not having seen this thread or been able to find and official answer to the timing question, I sent it in to FFG. Lukas confirmed that the 2 net damage from accessing Fetal AI does indeed occur before the agenda can be stolen:

Q: If the Runner has 5 agenda points, 1 card in hand, and 2+ credits and hits Fetal AI, does the Runner flatline immediately upon accessing it or win by hitting 7 points before the 2 net damage occurs?

A: "Thanks for the question. The Runner must access the agenda before it is stolen, so the Runner loses the game. Hope that helps."

Cordially,

Amuk

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel & a comedy for those who think." - Jean de la Bruyère

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS