Jump to content



Photo

Dragons in the city?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Draii

Draii

    Member

  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

So, I just skimmed the City rules. I like it alot.

But, if combined with dragon expansion, will dragon tokens be dropped i shops and the jail? Thus hindering them from function? This could be really problematic in the jail space.



#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Draii said:

So, I just skimmed the City rules. I like it alot.

But, if combined with dragon expansion, will dragon tokens be dropped i shops and the jail? Thus hindering them from function? This could be really problematic in the jail space.

The dragon scales are placed counterclockwise, with respect to the space your character is in.

See City Rulebook, page 10:

Moving Clockwise or Counterclockwise
If a character or card on a street space is instructed to move
clockwise, it must move to the next street space by following
the direction indicated by the arrows on each street space.
If a character or card on a street space is instructed to move
counterclockwise, it must move to the previous street space by
moving against the direction indicated by the arrows on each
street space.

I think they considered the compatibility with Dragons. If you are in a shop and must place a dragon scale, you place it on the street space in front of the shop (or the first free street space proceeding counterclockwise in the Street Area).

If you are in front of a shop, a dragon scale is on your space and you have to place a new one, you must place it on the first free street space counterclockwise. It's not possible to place them in the Shops or in Jail.

It's interesting to note that the City Region won't ever be full of scales, so how would you resolve the Dragon Rage caused by a Region already full of scales? I think Dragon Rage should be applied anyway, because every available space is full. Perhaps this needs a FAQ.

 



#3 Croonos

Croonos

    Member

  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

The_Warlock said:

Draii said:

 

So, I just skimmed the City rules. I like it alot.

But, if combined with dragon expansion, will dragon tokens be dropped i shops and the jail? Thus hindering them from function? This could be really problematic in the jail space.

 

 

The dragon scales are placed counterclockwise, with respect to the space your character is in.

See City Rulebook, page 10:

Moving Clockwise or Counterclockwise
If a character or card on a street space is instructed to move
clockwise, it must move to the next street space by following
the direction indicated by the arrows on each street space.
If a character or card on a street space is instructed to move
counterclockwise, it must move to the previous street space by
moving against the direction indicated by the arrows on each
street space.

I think they considered the compatibility with Dragons. If you are in a shop and must place a dragon scale, you place it on the street space in front of the shop (or the first free street space proceeding counterclockwise in the Street Area).

If you are in front of a shop, a dragon scale is on your space and you have to place a new one, you must place it on the first free street space counterclockwise. It's not possible to place them in the Shops or in Jail.

It's interesting to note that the City Region won't ever be full of scales, so how would you resolve the Dragon Rage caused by a Region already full of scales? I think Dragon Rage should be applied anyway, because every available space is full. Perhaps this needs a FAQ.

 

It needs a FAQ definitely because in my opinion Dracon Scales can be put on Shops and even Jail place. This can change the Region and prevent characters from purchasing items from Shops especialy when a character lands on a space with a dragon scale that matches the current Dragon King. But it will be difficult to get out of Jail…



#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

    Talisman Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

If a character enters a shop, he must choose to encounter the space or a character on the space. There is no reason to suggest that dragon scales cannot be placed on a shop space. If there is one already on a shop, then the dragon scale must be placed on the next shop counterclockwise. If a dragon scale is already on the High Temple, the next available space counterclockwise would be Sanctuary Square, then South Side Alley, then Royal Lane, and so on. (Just because characters cannot move from shop to shop does not mean dragon scales cannot be placed like that.)

If a character is sent to Jail and there is a dragon scale there, then the character just ignores the scale as his turn immediately ends when he landed there (defeated in battle or psychic combat). On the characters next turn, he must follow the instructions on the Jail and try to escape!

Ell.



#5 Croonos

Croonos

    Member

  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

talismanamsilat said:

If a character is sent to Jail and there is a dragon scale there, then the character just ignores the scale as his turn immediately ends when he landed there (defeated in battle or psychic combat). On the characters next turn, he must follow the instructions on the Jail and try to escape!

Ell.

Can he ignore the scale in Jail even if it matches the current Dragon King? And if a Character is sent to Jail for example by Corrupt Scheriff his turn does not end and I think he must encounter Dragon King scale. It definitely needs a clarification in FAQ because from the current Dragon rules chcaracter in Jail must encounter Dragon scale (not the place) until Dragon King change. After that he must encounter all the Dragon cards and then (if not defeated in battle or psychic combat) he can try to ecape from Jail, if he manage to safe any life…

 



#6 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

talismanamsilat said:

If a character enters a shop, he must choose to encounter the space or a character on the space. There is no reason to suggest that dragon scales cannot be placed on a shop space.

Yes, this is true. I don't know why I came to my previous conclusion. Of course you have to place a Dragon scale in the shop space if you begin the turn on the shop space and you have to place a scale.

Still, a Dragon scale from the current Dragon King on the Jail space may force the Character in Jail to encounter the scale instead of the space, I think. A scale on Jail is more likely to be placed than in other shops, since a character may spend many turns in there.



#7 Velhart

Velhart

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

I think that there should be a rule, that dragons can't go into the city.

So if a character is in the city, then he don't have to draw dragon tokens complice

Come on, a dragon scale in a shop? That's ridiculous

 



#8 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

    Talisman Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

The_Warlock said:

talismanamsilat said:

 

If a character enters a shop, he must choose to encounter the space or a character on the space. There is no reason to suggest that dragon scales cannot be placed on a shop space.

 

 

Yes, this is true. I don't know why I came to my previous conclusion. Of course you have to place a Dragon scale in the shop space if you begin the turn on the shop space and you have to place a scale.

Still, a Dragon scale from the current Dragon King on the Jail space may force the Character in Jail to encounter the scale instead of the space, I think. A scale on Jail is more likely to be placed than in other shops, since a character may spend many turns in there.

When a character is thrown in Jail, his turn immediately ends. Therefore no dragon scale encounter (the Jail works differently from most spaces).

Ell.



#9 Draii

Draii

    Member

  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hopefully we will get a errata on it, or maybe it's more logic once we play and see how it works out.

One solution could be that scales is only drawn/placed outdoors. So the streets can be full of them, but none in the shops or jail.
But if the street outside a shop has a scale (king) the shop can't be entered without encountering the scale first.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS