Photo

To what sphere does every race best belongs to?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ozil23

Ozil23

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Well to which sphere do you guys think every single race best belongs to?

Like for example I think that the Gondor race best belongs to the Leadership and tactics sphere, while the elves belong to lore and spirit?

#2 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

It seems like some are more versatile and some seem set into one or two spheres. Here's my thoughts off the top of my head:

Rohan: Spirit

Dwarves: Lore (but they have a strong presence in all spheres)

Elves: Lore

Hobbits: Spirit

Gondor: Leadership

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#3 Serazu

Serazu

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Elves: Lore (the wisest)

Dwarves: Spirit (the most resolute)

Humans: Leadership (the dominant race in the 3rd era)

Tactics: All (all three know how to deliver a serious punch)

#4 Pickles

Pickles

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

They all belong to several & the game so far does quite a good job there.

Dwarfs - All rounders. I like the strong Lore/Leadership take the game has even though LoTR has combat as the focus (Gimli). I think the Hobbit dwarfs are less fightery (it's 30 years since I read it). I remember the Silmarillion ones being craftsmen & miners

Elves - All Rounders. Noldor are probably more Spirit/Leadershp & Silvan lore with both doing some Tactics - Feonor (sp?) & sons

Rohan - weak lore. So far the game has made them too much Spirit & not enough of Tactics & Leadership.

Hobbitses - Nazguhl chow - my favorite par of the Decipher game was feeding hobbits to Nazghul. They are pretty weak overall but have everything a bit & spirit most, lore hardly at all. (Merry maybe tactics, Sam leadership)

Gondor - not sure. Compared to elves & dwarfs weak lore so relatively strong tactics & leadership as Spirit seems to be for Rohan.

Dale, Beronings - no idea

#5 DevastazioneH88

DevastazioneH88

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

Nobody mentioned EAGLES…tactics !

#6 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

DevastazioneH88 said:

Nobody mentioned EAGLES…tactics !

Ah! I can't believe I forgot my beloved Eagles. As far as the Dwarves go, I'm glad that they are staying true to the depiction of the Dwarves in the books, who were in general not really depicted as warriors (other than Gimli), but moreso in the Lore/Spirit realm. They do have a bit of everything so far though, which is nice. With time, hopefully the other races will be fleshed out as well.

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS