extremely hacked off player / collector

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 wormiespice

wormiespice

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

i have been in contact with ffg about the first game nights kits for x-wing miniatures as my distributor told my local shop ( where i would run events if i could get the kits) that they were waiting for the kits from ffg . Kits never arrived at shop , ffg say they sent kits out to distributors . Distributors said they aint got them so me and my fellow players have all now missed out on the items from the first kit as ffg say they have no more left . my distributor say they ordered them but never got them . WHO IS LYING AND WHO WILL OWN UP TO WHERE THE KITS ARE . I am now asking on the forum for xwing if anyone has the contents from the kit for sale as i want them for my collection . I am even thinking about telling my local store that i dont want to run events for ffg products if ffg cannot be bothered about players / collectors here in the UK as there is no point running events without the kits to run them with and i was very happy to run monthly or even fortnightly events if i could get the kits from the distributor (if they could get them from ffg ) 

SO PLEASE WILL SOMEONE SORT IT OUT PLEASE 

I will not name distributor as they maybe the ones at fault . 

Anyone got these items for sale ???  - Darth Vader ?Luke oversied cards and Plastic Rulers

#2 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Try eBay, also realize international mail is notorious for dangerous shipping, especially when no signature is involved, maybe try a new game shop.

#3 Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'm trying to figure out what's so important about this. I got a great range ruler from appliedperspective.com, and the oversized cards are useless. Not getting this at all.

#4 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Send me your adress, Ive never shipped over seas before, but I can attempt to send you a darthvader/luke. as far as your game kit, I know my local store had to order there game night kit way before they deadline on the website. I believe they go through a company (diamond maybe, or maybe alliance?) they are notoriously bad about orders,  and if you personally ask the store to order something, they only ask for payment after its arrived because they are bad about not getting stuff (they were suppose to send a bunch of stuff from Gamesworkshop (good customer service, nice models, extremely overpriced, horrible game mechanics) and was never recieved, some of it being limited addition. 

#5 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Darth Lupine said:

I'm trying to figure out what's so important about this. I got a great range ruler from appliedperspective.com, and the oversized cards are useless. Not getting this at all.

if you goto a tournament, you wont be able to use it. Its also offical xwing stuff. If you ever collect cards or something, sure you can get a knock off magic card that is perfectly copied. however its not made by Wizards of the coast…  Do you want the real one, or do you want the fake one?

#6 Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Torresse said:

Darth Lupine said:

if you goto a tournament, you wont be able to use it. Its also offical xwing stuff. If you ever collect cards or something, sure you can get a knock off magic card that is perfectly copied. however its not made by Wizards of the coast…  Do you want the real one, or do you want the fake one?

i assure you, if I go to a tourney it will be locally, and no one is going to care if I use them.  And I can understand to an extent about the ruler, but I still think t he card is useless….

#7 Acebaur

Acebaur

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Torresse said:

Darth Lupine said:

This is not a collectable card game though, so your point about Magic doesn't really apply here.

#8 Sodapopj

Sodapopj

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Torresse said:

Darth Lupine said:

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3824

If you read the news report of the game night kits you will read that the over sized cards are Tournament legal.

#9 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Sodapopj said:

Torresse said:

Darth Lupine said:

If you read the news report of the game night kits you will read that the over sized cards are Tournament legal.

the item in question is if you get a custom made range finder. You can take whatever you want to a local tournement, they might even have their own silly house rules. Its the samething as warhammer, if you goto a tournement locally, you can easily get away with using non gw stuff. I have a few non gw knights, not because they are cheap proxies, but because they are better quality -though a tad bit more expensive- (the army I play hasnt been updated for a while)

Im not going to call a judge on anyone at a tournement because they use their own range finder. Even still, there is something that feels good to know you can take your ruler to worlds if you want (though I would pack a regular cardboard one because the cuts werent made precise on allot of them. I use my accrylic often to verify when something is clearly range 1, range 2, or 3. However when Its on the line I either ask my opponent to messure, or I use my cardboard)

#10 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Unfortunately FFG are going to prioritise their stock of items or whomever FFG use to distribute these kits for North American stores first, everyone else later.  It isn't the end of the world if you don't have a game night kit since the items in question aren't essential to introducing new players etc.  Although I understand the frustration with them not sending an item they said was being sent. 

As mentioned earlier ebay is your best bet for finding one and if not there then you're going to have to track down stores in the UK and see if they have sets they don't want anymore.

#11 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Sodapopj said:

Torresse said:

Interesting that they will be tournament legal, because if you can get your hands on the Han Solo or Boba Fett cards before those ships are widely available at retail the only way you can use them is if you won the ship or bought it on the secondary market from someone who did.

#12 Sodapopj

Sodapopj

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

The R5Don4 Star II said:

Sodapopj said:

Torresse said:

Interesting that they will be tournament legal, because if you can get your hands on the Han Solo or Boba Fett cards before those ships are widely available at retail the only way you can use them is if you won the ship or bought it on the secondary market from someone who did.

I ran one of the Kessel runs and I am positive, although I don't have the reference material on hand, that it explicitly stated that only wave one ships were to be permitted.

#13 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

The R5Don4 Star II said:

Sodapopj said:

Torresse said:

I dont think any major tournement (that bearing the official support of ffg) will happen before the realese of wave 2 ships, not to mention the cards may be legal but the ships will not be

#14 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

As long as the oversized cards are identical to the regular ones, there's no reason to disallow them. But there's no tournament-legal Wave 2 content at the moment, according to the tournament rules (p3):

All components from the following products may be used in officially sanctioned tournaments. Components in any product not listed cannot be used. Only official models, cards and tokens can be used in tournaments (proxies of cards and ships cannot be used). 

Star Wars: X-Wing™ Miniatures Game Core Set 

X-Wing™ Expansion Pack 

Y-Wing™ Expansion Pack 

TIE Fighter™ Expansion Pack 

TIE Advanced™ Expansion Pack 

Star Wars: X-Wing™ Miniatures Game Dice Pack 

Star Wars™ Dice App

#15 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yes, that is the document disallowing Wave 2, not the Kessel Run instruction sheet.

#16 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

There was a Kessel Run instruction sheet? 

#17 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Yes there was. I think it was even posted on the website maybe?

But I got the one from our KEssel Run as a sort of trophy for winning. :)

Be seeing you.

#18 Fabs

Fabs

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

You shouldn't mention that - now the OP is going to have to track that down as well to complete his collection :)

#19 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Fabs said:

You shouldn't mention that - now the OP is going to have to track that down as well to complete his collection :)

LOL. It's just a piece of regular sized paper. I was kidding about it being a trophy. I only asked the TO if I could have it so I could show my kids at home the list of what we played with.

Be seeing you.

#20 magi

magi

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

I thought the fancy range-finders that they gave out as prize support in the league kit were undersized? Why would you want to use that?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS