Wave 3

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I know Wave 2 hasn't officially hit shelves yet (soon… so very soon *drool*), but I was trying to speculate on what could be released Wave 3, depending on what eras/timelines FFG is gonna use for this game.

Some ships I'd like to see:

B-Wing

YT-2400 (could be light or dark, or neutral, as Dash is)

Naboo starfighter (yes, I hate Ep 1-3 as well, but it was still an excellent ship)

Droid Fighter

Tie Bomber (could get interesting in a dog fight)

Imperial Shuttle (could be a scenario only, but would make a cool miniature anyway)

Drawing a blank at the moment for any more off the top of my head. Thoughts?

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#2 KnightShift

KnightShift

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

TIE Defender

Assault Gunboat

Spacetroopers

Boarding/Transport Craft: could be used for boarding actions in mission scenario… or to deliver 10 Spacetroopers into the fray (evil grin)

Z-95 Headhunter

Space mines! (another evil grin)

More pilots more pilots more pilots!!

#3 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

I'm kinda hoping they stick to TIE:Bomber and B-Wing each with two missle/proton spots and some heavy and optional non consumables for new ships.  

Then also add a pilots pack.  No new ships in there, just additional pilots (cards and bases, perhaps some new upgrades) for existing ships.  Just gimme Mara Jade already.  ;)  

It's going to get to be a bit much if they keep adding a ton of stuff with each wave.  1 good unique ship for each faction and something else fun for each wave would good.  It's going to be hard to balance otherwise.  Can't wait to see what's in store, should be all kinds of fun.

#4 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

My vote is for TIE Bomber and B-Wing too, plus Twin Car from Bespin, I think it could be a good ship to see, and even I do not liked the idea of get ships from prequels, i think that eventually give more dinamism to the game, but I think it do not be soon, the proof, the Slave 1 does not have a Jango Pilot, so by the moment the Trilogy fans could be happy, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#5 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

This thread again….

#6 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Harleequin said:

This thread again….

it must be Wednesday! 

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#7 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

My specualtion is that there will be at least 30 more of this exact thread before Wave 3 is actually spoiled by FFG. To go along with that, I speculate that FFG will not release any info about Wave 3 until the day it does release, if for no other reason than to make people who don't read threads past the first page post as many of these threads as possible.

#8 Acebaur

Acebaur

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Doesn't anyone use the search function?!?

#9 IsawaSteve

IsawaSteve

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

hothie said:

My specualtion is that there will be at least 30 more of this exact thread before Wave 3 is actually spoiled by FFG. To go along with that, I speculate that FFG will not release any info about Wave 3 until the day it does release, if for no other reason than to make people who don't read threads past the first page post as many of these threads as possible.

Don't forget that as soon as wave 3 is announced the forum will be filled up with "What do you excpect/hope/sacrifice kittens for wave 4 to contain?" threads. And they'll all be the same "B-wing/tie bomber, blastboat, shuttle, ep 1 ships" minus whatever actually showed up in wave 3, since there's not really that many ships in canon. That said, while now is too early, I wouldn't be surprised if a later wave has reprints of (presumably at that point out of print) ships with new pilots/upgrades/ etc. maybe some y wings that can have gunners instead of filling the back seat with ewoks like the current set. :-P

#10 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Anyway we can pin one of the older "this is what I want in wave 3 thread" threads to the main page so people stop doing this.  My answer to this thread can be found in the other 40 Wave 3 threads :)

#11 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

But I'm gonna answer again, simply because I like my answer…

Imperial: TIE bomber

Rebellion: B-wing

Neutral: Lamba Shuttle
Z-95 headhunter

The idea behind that is the imp/rebel ships get packaged as before, and the new, neutral ships come with pilots and bases for both factions. For the Lamba, options would include Rebel Spy, Han, Emporer's Hand, and Juno Eclipse. For the Z-95, possibly Rebel Scout, Mara Jade, Imperial Spy, and somebody other than Han, becuase he'd have 2 ships already, though he did pilot one of these too for a bit.
This strategy should look good to FFG too, since people collecting only one faction all should buy the neutral ships, so instead of making 2 ships that would be bought by those customers, they are making 3, thus selling more product. In addition, people who are buying for two players / multiple factions would probably buy more of the Lamba/Z-95 to be able to field some in both factions simultaneously.
It should also look good to us - It gives us 3 more ships for each faction instead of just 2

#12 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

i hope we get a TIE DEFENDER!!!!! XD XD

also i reely WANT WANT WANT some large ships!!!

com on FFG you promised us LARGE ships and since we alreddy hav the MEDIUM ships i wanna know what the LARGE SHIPS will be.!?

animadocangrejoaliviadoasustadoapestaparaguasestrellacafe

aloso why do you have to loose an action when the ships crash?

and can we PLEASE get some rules for 3diminshinal play!

and why doesnt this game hav tailing in it? 

Be seeing you.

#13 binici

binici

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Thank goodness the thread popped up again, otherwise, I would have had to click on the page two link…

Anyhow, more TIE's!!!!

#14 KnightShift

KnightShift

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Acebaur said:

Doesn't anyone use the search function?!?

It's against my religious beliefs.  I consider it a form of gambling.

#15 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

In every game, in every new wave to come, this stuff that wiil be done, and all the opinions will be great, it serves to the companies to measure the expectation of the games creates, so go on, give to the producers of this game all ours expetations and opinions about it, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#16 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Kaxel Vofer said:

In every game, in every new wave to come, this stuff that wiil be done, and all the opinions will be great, it serves to the companies to measure the expectation of the games creates, so go on, give to the producers of this game all ours expetations and opinions about it, greettings.

I'm trying to resist asking if this is a human being posting this, and not a spambot.

I think this is just someone with a poor command of English, and so I should probably be encouraging. I know if I was trying to post on a German Language forum the results would be more disastrous still than this.

Or maybe they are making a joke like my other post in this thread.

Be seeing you.

#17 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Eruletho said:

But I'm gonna answer again, simply because I like my answer…

Imperial: TIE bomber

Rebellion: B-wing

Neutral: Lamba Shuttle
Z-95 headhunter

The idea behind that is the imp/rebel ships get packaged as before, and the new, neutral ships come with pilots and bases for both factions. For the Lamba, options would include Rebel Spy, Han, Emporer's Hand, and Juno Eclipse. For the Z-95, possibly Rebel Scout, Mara Jade, Imperial Spy, and somebody other than Han, becuase he'd have 2 ships already, though he did pilot one of these too for a bit.
This strategy should look good to FFG too, since people collecting only one faction all should buy the neutral ships, so instead of making 2 ships that would be bought by those customers, they are making 3, thus selling more product. In addition, people who are buying for two players / multiple factions would probably buy more of the Lamba/Z-95 to be able to field some in both factions simultaneously.
It should also look good to us - It gives us 3 more ships for each faction instead of just 2

Since you're repeating what you've said previously i may as well do the same. I think the Lambda Shuttle should be done as a normal Imperial side ship, but include Han and Chewie pilot cards plus a 0 popint Tydirium mod card like the Slave I and Millennium Falcon cards the Firespray and YT-1300 come with. The unique Tydirium card's ability will be to allow it to be used in a Rebel squad with Han or Chewie as it's pilot. If they want to make it even more unique make it just Han for the Rebel side pilot, but also include a copilot/crewmember (sorry I don't have a Falcon so I don't know what they called them) type card of Chewie that is limited to use on the Tydirium.

#18 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

magadizer said:

Kaxel Vofer said:

I'm trying to resist asking if this is a human being posting this, and not a spambot.

I think this is just someone with a poor command of English, and so I should probably be encouraging. I know if I was trying to post on a German Language forum the results would be more disastrous still than this.

Or maybe they are making a joke like my other post in this thread.

He's from Mexico. That's about all I have to say about him.

#19 Fiachra

Fiachra

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Only one I want to see is the E-Wing.

#20 Klaus Kewerkly

Klaus Kewerkly

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

GIMME THOSE STAR FOX SHIPS

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS