Yesterday we had our first race through the Dragon Tower, with two Characters heading for the top at the same time (never happened before). I won because the leading Character was defeated on a Stairs space once and I used a Spell that allowed me to overtake him and get first to the Crown.
Q: When do you cast the Temporal Vortex (or Temporal Warp) Spell in the Dragon Tower?
The problem I see is the timing: Cast at the start of your turn, before you move. In the Dragon Tower you move at the end of the turn.
The same question could be asked for all movement related Spells, which are:
1) Cast at the start of your turn, before you move
Magic Portal (Du)
Temporal Vortex (Du)
Temporal Warp (BG)
Water Walking (Re)
2) Cast at the start of any character’s turn, before he moves
3) Cast instead of rolling the die for your move
4) Cast instead of your normal move
5) Cast after you have rolled a die for your move
6) Cast after a character rolled a die for movement but before he moves
Black Ice (Fr)
Eyes of the Hawk (Hi)
7) Cast when you’ve just completed your move.
It's easy to rule out categories 3,5,6, because no die is rolled for movement. Category 4 (Transference) can be played at the end of the turn, when movement happens. Category 7 has Spells that could not be played (Barrier) or won't ever find a target in Inner Region (no faceup cards).
What about categories 1,2? Do you cast these Spells at the start of the turn, regardless of the "before you move" specification? I think it's the only way to handle it. I only see a small issue with Magic Portal: if played at the start of the turn, will it allow movement immediately or only after encountering Dragon cards?