Photo

02/02/13 - 100pt X-wing Tournament - JJ's Game Lounge (Chatsworth, CA)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

100 pt. X-Wing Dogfight Tournament

JJ's Game Lounge
10174 Mason Avenue, Chatsworth, California 91311
(818) 717-8558

https://www.facebook.com/events/538016639552359/
Time: February 2, 2013 @ 12:00pm
Tournament Organizer: Aurauz Azima

Come join us for a fun and furious X-Wing Dogfight Tournament, here at JJ’s Game Lounge this February 2nd at 12:00pm.

The Details:
Format: 100pt Dogfight Tournament (Mirror Match)
Time Limit: 60-minute rounds.
Entry Fee: $10
Prizes: TOP SECRET!!!

Rules:
All of the tournament rules are available at the following link:
http://www.fantasyfl...tRules_V1.1.pdf

Things to Bring:
•X-Wing Core Game
       - Dice, Tokens, Maneuver Rulers, Dials etc. and don't forget the asteroids.
•100pt. Rebel or Imperial Squadron
       - Wave 1 models only, unless Wave 2 is "Officially" released in the weeks prior to   the tournament.
•2 copies of your 100pt. squad list. One for the TO and the other for your opponent.

ATTENTION: WE WILL NOT HAVE MODELS, TOKENS OR DICE TO LEND OUT. MAKE SURE YOU BRING EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY.

Squad Building:
Each player must build one squad for use in an X-Wing tournament. The squad-building rules described in this section supersede the squad-building rules described in the X-Wing rulebook.

The maximum squad points for each player is 100 points. A squad cannot exceed 100 points, though it may contain fewer than 100 points.

Each player may choose to field either a Rebel or Imperial squad, as tournament seeding ignores the player’s faction.

Each player must submit his squad composition, including all associated Upgrade cards and total squad points, to the TO before the start of the tournament. Players must use the same squad for the duration of the tournament, including all Ship and Upgrade cards.

Each player must bring an X-Wing core set and any additional components he needs for his squad. This includes but is not limited to dice, a range ruler, maneuver templates, asteroid tokens and a complete Damage deck. A player cannot bring more than one copy of each asteroid token. The TO is not expected to supply any game components to players.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct:

Players are expected to behave in a mature and considerate manner, and to play within the rules and not abuse them. This prohibits intentionally stalling a game for time, placing components with excessive force, abusing an infinite combo, inappropriate behavior, treating an opponent with a lack of courtesy or respect, etc. Collusion among players to manipulate scoring is expressly forbidden. The TO, at his or her sole discretion, may remove players from the tournament for unsportsmanlike conduct. 

Legal Products:

All components from the following products may be used in officially sanctioned tournaments. Components in any product not listed cannot be used. Only official models, cards and tokens can be used in tournaments (proxies of cards and ships cannot be used).

Star Wars: X-WingTM Miniatures Game Core Set

X-WingTM Expansion Pack

Y-WingTM Expansion Pack

TIE FighterTM Expansion Pack

TIE AdvancedTM Expansion Pack

Star Wars: X-WingTM Miniatures Game Dice Pack

Star WarsTM Dice App

If the Star Wars Dice app is used, the app must be displayed in full view of both players at all times.

#2 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Just trying to get a head count to see how many tables I need to request. So who thinks they are going to show?

#3 RAGE1073

RAGE1073

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

A friend and I will be traveling down there from Ventura to join the tournament

#4 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Very nice Rage. Spread the word, we have lots of gaming space and the more the merrier. PM me if you have any questions.

#5 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Looks like we may be having a raffle for those who dont place during the tournament. Not sure what the team at JJ's is putting up for the raffle but word is there may be a 3x3 starfield, some custom asteroid markers and other product available. And as always the more people the greater the prize support. So share the word and make sure to show up to win on Feb. 2nd. Can't wait to see some stellar dogfighting.

And as usual if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask.

#6 RAGE1073

RAGE1073

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

We were wondering if we could get an idea of the prizes for placing were, we have a few other friends that we want to take but they don't want drive down there if they don't know if the prizes are worth it. Can we get any word on that so I can convince them to go with us

#7 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Sure, Ill discuss it with the store management and see what they are thinking. I know the prizes for their other tournaments tend to be based on turn out. Give me a couple of days and Ill get back to you.

#8 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Alright, so the assistant manager told me that its all store credit and usually its "Top 4" for winners. 1st place get the largest sum, 2nd obviously gets the second largest sum, 3rd tends to win double their entry fee and 4th breaks even winning their entry fee back. But if we have a very large showing, we may push it to top 6 or 8. After top prizes are awarded, we tend to have some items up for raffle for those that did not place, anything from store t-shirts and dice to actual product. Im going to talk to the manager and see if I can get some Wave 2 special orders as prizes as well, but no promises. 

If you need more info feel free to ask.

P.S. - We are playing almost every night on the road to the event so if anyone wants come down and playtest their squad list let me know and Ill try and coordinate with you for a game.

#9 binici

binici

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Well, this sounds like a fun tournament, but for me to drive an hour from Orange County, it would be a pain.

$10 is not too much, but the drive is. The prizing would have to be worth it.

As long as the players are cool and the prizing is worthy, my buddies and I would love to play.

I'll keep watching this thread for more info!

Thanks!

#10 RAGE1073

RAGE1073

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

The place is an hour from us as well, but my buddy and I are for sure going. Unless something unexpected happens of course.

Hopefully we get more concrete detail about the prize support and other players that are willing to go

#11 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

So I have talked to the management and they are looking into maybe offering some Wave 2 products as part of prize support. Now here is the one detail you need to be aware of, Wave 2 is not out yet, so if you get the prize and you are local you can pick it up when it arrives, or if you live in Ventura or OC for example I will ship it out to you at no cost to you. Also there will be some other small prize that we may have. Hope that helps.

#12 binici

binici

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

WeaponsFree said:

So I have talked to the management and they are looking into maybe offering some Wave 2 products as part of prize support. Now here is the one detail you need to be aware of, Wave 2 is not out yet, so if you get the prize and you are local you can pick it up when it arrives, or if you live in Ventura or OC for example I will ship it out to you at no cost to you. Also there will be some other small prize that we may have. Hope that helps.

This sounds really appealing now! Thanks for the update and I am looking forward to this tournament.

#13 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

It looks like we have about 8 or so local players coming for the tourney, lets try to get this sucker to 16-20 people and it should be an amazing event.

#14 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Just an update. I have started making some custom 3'x3' tables for the tournament, feel free to bring any playmats you have to increase the amount of themed tables we have (Space Battles belong in space not on black felt).

#15 RAGE1073

RAGE1073

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

We have a custom table that we use, it's exactly 3x3 and made from plywood and felt

#16 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Nice Rage. Yeah I finished the tables. For three 3' x 3' tables it only cost me around $45. They came out pretty good. I think people will enjoy playing on them. So how many people are you bringing with you to the tourney?

#17 RAGE1073

RAGE1073

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

I think it may end up being just my gf and I, the friend I was taking won a trip to Tahoe and he left this morning.

Lucky bastard

#18 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Very nice, cant wait to see what squads you bring.

#19 binici

binici

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

Looks like my buddy and I will be going. Just finalizing our squads and now trying to figure out what time to leave to get there safe and sound. I hate dealing with the 5 fwy… ugh!

Should be fun! BTW, does anyone have any updates on the new Wave 2 release dates?

#20 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Im expecting the second week of Feb.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS