New card art

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Anyone have a link to the new Valar and Daeny art?  If no one has it by the time we get our kit then I'll scan and email it to AGoTCards…

#2 adamnation

adamnation

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

You can sort of see them here:

(From an article that's currently on FFG's front page.)

The pictures are neat, but I'm not a fan of changing the card layout.

#3 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Wow, I really like the direction they went on the full bleed cards. The Daeny one is absolutely outstanding. That's a tourney worthy prize right there… If only the original artwork for Valar weren't so damn good, I'd be even more impressed with the full-bleed Valar.

#4 Libert1ne

Libert1ne

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I love the Drogo art on the box, and the artwork of the cards.

My main gripe is the changing of the layout.

I really wished they had just used the old format, with no borders and the full bleed artwork. What's even more puzzling is that there is no space underneath Dany's Str icon for a military icon, so any characters they do in the future who are tricons will have the strength symbol placed in a different spot on the card I guess…

#5 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Libert1ne said:

I really wished they had just used the old format, with no borders and the full bleed artwork. What's even more puzzling is that there is no space underneath Dany's Str icon for a military icon, so any characters they do in the future who are tricons will have the strength symbol placed in a different spot on the card I guess…

Considering they've never done the full bleed thing, I was overlooking the icon bit. You're right, but man… The layout change increasing the amount of visible art on the card is what you're supposed to do with full bleed cards like this. I love it! Why waste card space that would cover up that awesome art?!?!

#6 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

Guess I'll have to wait for the kit itself to get a good look.  I remember loving that Drogo artwork when they had it on a banner at GenCon, hope to see it on a card soon…

#7 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Libert1ne said:

I'm pretty sure the icon positioning on this particular card is due to the fact that she doesn't have a MIL icon to begin with. I think, if they do other characters like this in the future, they'll take all icons into account.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS