• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

#2 Xenu's Paradox

Xenu's Paradox

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Three of those cards (A New Hope, Wookiee Navigator, Rebel Trooper) are pretty fantastic. Fall Back! has great synergy with Leia, and False Lead is worth 2 Force icons in an edge battle. I think there are far worse pods. Like, for instance, Rumors.

#3 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

The Espo and Ewok sets.  What makes them particularly useless is the '1 Per' limit on them, as that nullifies the entire point of a strategy using them.

#4 Xenu's Paradox

Xenu's Paradox

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

The Espo set is fantastic. I run it in my Trooper deck, and I wouldn't swap it out for anything. 5 copies of the Espo Trooper means you don't need doubles for consistency, and the ability to play a surprise Espo or Death Star Trooper as a defender can be pretty clutch.

Ewoks do suck, though.

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Ewoks aren't that terrible. I used one to force my opponent to keep their Devastator at home instead of defending with it.

#6 Francisco G.

Francisco G.

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Fall back could also be useful for a super extra focused home one so you can use it again next turn or for ackbar….1 hit to everyone again….and they'll now it and fear it!!! 

#7 Francisco G.

Francisco G.

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Also, new hope after your last attack (and edge battle) could get your opp hand with no new things before their turn having to actually discard to their reserve value….pretty awesome (besides being the wildfire assault of starwars….agot reference)

#8 Tappiocca

Tappiocca

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

I think I'm on the Ewok wagon.

#9 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

At this point, I would also have to say the Ewok objective is the worst. That or Rumors at the Cantina. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#10 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Rumors isn't that bad. I've used it to my advantage before. Remember that the sympathiser lowers any card by 1, and lets you ignore resource match requirements. It's a way to get that Han out in your Jedi or Rebel deck if you just didn't draw this objective or Questionable, and yet have the 4 to spend, or a swindled at the right moment to ruin your opponents day.

I'm on board with the Tribal Support being my least favorite. Until more Ewok objectives are released (come on Endor cycle), I just don't see the potential yet.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#11 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

No objective set is "the worst." As prev. comments have shown, they all have their usefulness in the right deck, synergy being everything with how deckbuilding works in this game. That said, Fleeing the Empire is the best objective set.

#12 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

MarthWMaster said:

No objective set is "the worst." As prev. comments have shown, they all have their usefulness in the right deck, synergy being everything with how deckbuilding works in this game. That said, Fleeing the Empire is the best objective set.

I agree here, but for the sake of staying true to the thread, Rumors is pretty bad.

Those Furry Maneaters on the Jungle planet get a second place vote. Eventually they will get better, Rumors I don't see that happening.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#13 Xenu's Paradox

Xenu's Paradox

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

jss_hobbie said:

MarthWMaster said:

I agree here, but for the sake of staying true to the thread, Rumors is pretty bad.

Those Furry Maneaters on the Jungle planet get a second place vote. Eventually they will get better, Rumors I don't see that happening.

The problem with Rumors is that 4 out of 5 cards in it are geared towards ignoring resource match requirements, plus the objective itself. That's complete overkill. The Imperial one is far better, since it comes with only 2 Dark Alliance for those tight spots where your resources in play don't let you drop what you need, and that's enough of a backup to your objectives. Then you get It's Worse, which is a pretty solid little magic bullet with 2 Force icons, and 2x Probe Droid, which is an insanely good card. Sure, it's not that amazing in play, but the ability to play it from your discard pile is almost like increasing your hand size by 1 for each copy you pull.

#14 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

"False Lead" is one of my favourite pictures - I wish it was an Imperial card! So cool - Imperial Stormtroopers picking through the wreckage of an abandoned Rebel control room. 

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 2 VT-49 Decimators, 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters, 1 Lambda

26 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 79 kills versus 49 losses

#15 superradjoe

superradjoe

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Even the Objective sets that are "weak" due to not having any of the top tier cards in them are good in the right situation, so I don't think there's really a proper answer to this question.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS