The Operation Icarus rulebook is now online! Reading through the rules, here are some questions I'm left with:
- Quonset huts: What is the LOS out of those doors and windows? Can you shoot out of them at full 45º angle like a "large entrance" or is it narrower like a "small entrance"?
- Trees: When it says you "cannot simultaneously target both the tree and a unit sharing the same space as the tree" are they talking about using the same weapon line to attack both simultaneously, or that a unit simply can't target both at the same time? I would think that it would work like a Tank Trap, where you can target both at the same time with different weapon lines, but the attack on the tree is resolved after the attack on the unit.
- Minefields: For each mine you roll one die for each miniature that steps on it. But if it's a squad with a hero, is the damage assigned directly to each soldier, or can the hero soak up damage done to his squad like he would any attack? Meaning, does this work like an incendiary blast or like troops inside a destroyed vehicle?
- Explosive weapons: As far as I can tell, the only current units who benefit from this are the BBQ Squad and the Priest, right?
- While this book reprints several rules published on previous books, it unfortunately fails to update them in way, failing to clear up issues that have been brought up time and again, like tracked vehicle movement (beyond the no diagonal stuff), LOS from a Command Vehicle for most of the NCO's abilities, etc, and it actually contradicts the latest FAQ with the old ruling that a carried unit ONLY activates when it exits its carrier.
- Lots of stuff about bunkers… and yet no bunkers.
- Allies planes occupy 2 squares. So, again, how do they move? I hate it that the size of the plane's base will further limit the options of where it can end its move.
- Panzerprinz: It says you can roll his Ace Pilot skill before he activates, and plan accordng to the result. Does that mean that you can roll his Ace Pilot check, and then go on with the round activating other units and only use Panzerprinz later on, keeping that roll result?