Limit on the number of available 'upgrade' cards

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Is it the intention of FFG to limit these cards to those in the ship packs or is it permissible to 'make copies'?

Stealth, Engine Upgrade, pilot abilities etc all spring to mind as being in short supply.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thx

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#2 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

The short version is that in home play you can do whatever your opponent is willing to agree to, but only actual, published versions of upgrade cards are allowed in tournament play.

#3 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hopefully, FFG will start selling cards on the "Print on Demand" thing because I want a ton of "Push the Limit" and "Stealth" cards but I don't want to buy a ton of A-Wings and Firesprays.

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses

#4 Jaravak

Jaravak

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I was building a Tie Fighter/Tie Advanced squad and realized that I would need to get 2 Millenium Falcon and 1 A-Wing just to get Deadeye and 2 Veteran Instincts. It kind of sucks when you realize how limiting the upgrade cards can be when you need specific ones for squad building.

#5 Carist

Carist

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Veteran Instincts is also available in the Slave 1 expansion, if that helps.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS