Photo

Running the Winds of Magic Adventure in Übersreik - Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

In the first quarter of 2013 the german translation of Winds of Magic will be available. So I'm planning to run that adventure after The Gathering Storm.

But I have some inner struggle to the location of Altdorf. When my Group will enter Altdorf than I have to give them grandeur, THE Big City of the Empire, and not only: "You enter the biggest city of the Old World and this is where you are allowed to go….Schmutzigplatz".

So as most Adventures are centered around Übersreik with Stromdorf to the north and Hugeldal to the east, it sounded natural for me to place the Schmutzigplatz into Übersreik.

Changes to the Adventure aren't that big imo. The Cultist have captured several apprentices of different colours of Magic. There are no Colleges around Übersreik. So the Thugs and his goons have captured them in the Area around Übersreik and several daytreks around the city. Maybe give them a boat at their access so that they have ways of travelling around.

Adventure hook is then Christoph Engel, the strange grey Wizzzard from Edge of Night. His apprentice fresh from the academy was lost in the city only two days after arriving. The PCs should have a look when they are around.

The Shops can be used as well, a map can be build out of the one from Lure of Power from the Book.

Übersreik also has a canalisation mentioned in both townadventures so there is no poblem as well.

So any additional ideas or concerns?

#2 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

You may consider posting this in the Gamemaster forum, so people won't worry about spoiling the adventure.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (updated to include Dangerous Covenants), as well as my other handouts.

#3 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Sorry, it was my fault, I thought I was in the Gamemaster section. I have reported it to the moderators so that it may be moved there.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS