Some doubts about Take Aim

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Vulfhart

Alexander Vulfhart

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Hi everyone! Me and my mates of the SSDT from Argentina, got some doubts about the take aim ability.

Can I use it in an indirect artillery attack? The indirect artillery is considered a sustained attack, but don´t reroll the dices. So, I take that the Take Aim can´t be used, right?

Another question about it, is…the take aim is Shared, and pilot…Can I use it with a infantry unit if I put nikolai with them?

I´m looking forward to your answers! Thanks!

#2 jkrax

jkrax

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Alex I think you forgot the main question.

Karl Marx-class tanks have tesla weaponry. It says that whenever you hit a unit, you can hit a second unit au 6". 

And Nikola has the Take Aim skill.

Does that mean that Nikolai on a Karl Marx can fire sustained at 2 units (as of the Tesla rule) and hitting on blanks? That would be AWESOME! For russians, of course :P Please can someone clarify this? Thanks!

#3 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

No, you exchange the reroll to activate either ability, take aim or the second target, you can't do both.

#4 jkrax

jkrax

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

So I´ll sum it up here:

1- Can Take Aim be used with an artillery attack?

2- Since Take Aim is shared, can it be used with a infantry unit? 

3- A Karl Marx-Class tank can fire its Tesla main weapon to a unit, and then to another unit at 6" from the primary target. Can Take Aim be used in this case, so that the Karl Marx hits 2 units with MISS dice? 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! Sorry Dakkon246 but your answer didn´t clarify anything for me, thanks nonetheless. 

#5 jkrax

jkrax

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

So I´ll sum it up here:

1- Can Take Aim be used with an artillery attack?

2- Since Take Aim is shared, can it be used with a infantry unit? 

3- A Karl Marx-Class tank can fire its Tesla main weapon to a unit, and then to another unit at 6" from the primary target. Can Take Aim be used in this case, so that the Karl Marx hits 2 units with MISS dice? 

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! Sorry Dakkon246 but your answer didn´t clarify anything for me, thanks nonetheless. 

#6 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

1. Only when fired directly, not with an indirect attack (using a spotter for LOS).

2. Not sure, the ability was errated to Pilot: Take aim. Not sure if it is still shared. I would go with yes though its more fun that way.

3. No, the re-roll is the cost paid to make the second attack.

#7 Alexander Vulfhart

Alexander Vulfhart

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Thanks! that helps a lot!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS