Jump to content



Photo

Amazon - ignoring battle


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Croonos

Croonos

    Member

  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Amazon used her last fate in battle she was defeted and she wants to ignore the battle and fight again.

Is that mean that Amazon and second character rolls again to determinate attacks rolls only?
Can Amazon use discarded fate from previous battle? Can the other character use discarded fate if he used it in first battle?
Can Amazon use again spells that was used when she was about to engage in battle (like Finger of Deatch)?
In rules there is only one step to cast spells regardless if they are cast in or just before the battle
2. Cast Spells
Both characters have the opportunity to cast Spells before
the dice can be rolled. Any effects or abilities that affect a
character’s Strength or Craft must be implemented before
the attack roll is made.

 



#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Croonos said:

Amazon used her last fate in battle she was defeted and she wants to ignore the battle and fight again.

Is that mean that Amazon and second character rolls again to determinate attacks rolls only?

Yes, that's the purpose of the Amazon's ability and of Retribution Spell from Sacred Pool.


Croonos said:

Can Amazon use discarded fate from previous battle? Can the other character use discarded fate if he used it in first battle?
Can Amazon use again spells that was used when she was about to engage in battle (like Finger of Deatch)?
In rules there is only one step to cast spells regardless if they are cast in or just before the battle
2. Cast Spells
Both characters have the opportunity to cast Spells before
the dice can be rolled. Any effects or abilities that affect a
character’s Strength or Craft must be implemented before
the attack roll is made.

You may pay 1 Fate for each single die roll and this is a different die roll from the first battle. You have to pay again to reroll.

You can't cast additional Spells or change the Objects/Followers used in the first battle. That's the meaning of the sentence any effects, special abilities, Objects or Spells used or cast in the first battle remain in effect for the second battle.



#3 zealot12

zealot12

    Member

  • Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Amazon can thus avoid getting  killed by the Basilisk, or turrned into a Toad by the likes of the Dragon Toad.

A great ability.



#4 Croonos

Croonos

    Member

  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Amazon can ignore a battle if she is defeated but I think she has to live.
If Basilisk rolls doubles, Amazon is killed immediately, so I do not know if she can use her ability in this case?



#5 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Croonos said:

Amazon can ignore a battle if she is defeated but I think she has to live.
If Basilisk rolls doubles, Amazon is killed immediately, so I do not know if she can use her ability in this case?

This is correct. The ability works only if you are defeated or have a stand-off. Being killed has nothing to do with defeat.

You can't use the ability in this case.



#6 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

As a side note, I think the only way to prevent death from the Basilisk (or toadyfing from the Dark Fey) is Pharaoh Mask from Blood Moon expansion.



#7 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

The_Warlock said:

As a side note, I think the only way to prevent death from the Basilisk (or toadyfing from the Dark Fey) is Pharaoh Mask from Blood Moon expansion.

Oops. I meant Pharaoh's Crown. That should work.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS