Trailblazer + Horse

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rophan

Rophan

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

How does the combination of the Trailblazer and Riding Horse work?  We've been playing that when these cards coincide the player throws three dice and picks two.  I'm curious how others handle this situation.

Thanks,

Bruce

#2 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

You must declare whether to use either the Trailblazer or the Riding Horse BEFORE rolling the die!!!

Ell.

#3 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

talismanamsilat said:

You must declare whether to use either the Trailblazer or the Riding Horse BEFORE rolling the die!!!

Ell.

Not sure this really answered the question since it sounds like they roll all the dice and then pick (which would indicate they are choosing to use the followers and then rolling).

I would say, yes, they stack and rolling 3 dice and picking 2 would be the right way to handle this situation.

#4 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Kallabecca said:

talismanamsilat said:

Ell.

Not sure this really answered the question since it sounds like they roll all the dice and then pick (which would indicate they are choosing to use the followers and then rolling).

I would say, yes, they stack and rolling 3 dice and picking 2 would be the right way to handle this situation.

Adding more emphasis to Elliot's answer:

"You must declare whether to use either the Trailblazer OR the Riding Horse BEFORE rolling the die!!!"

You can't use both Followers together. Both cards say "roll 2 dice" but with different outcomes: Trailblazer is roll and choose one, Riding Horse is roll and add together.

No card says "roll 1 extra die and…".

#5 Bludgeon

Bludgeon

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

I always played that you roll 2 dice and then choose either dice A, dice B, or A+B. No idea if this is the correct way though.

#6 Darzamir

Darzamir

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Bludgeon said:

I always played that you roll 2 dice and then choose either dice A, dice B, or A+B. No idea if this is the correct way though.

Haha!  My wife tried to play the Riding Horse this way, too.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.  The card reads "You may roll 2 dice and add them together…"  As Eli states, the choice is made before you roll the dice (you may roll 2 dice).  Once you choose to roll 2 dice, you must add them together.

#7 Rophan

Rophan

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Thanks everybody for the clarification on the issue.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS