• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

So,

I was toying with the Stealth X and did some research and came up with this. (Special characters to follow)

Pilot Name: Shadow Squadron Pilot

Pilot Skill 4

Attack 3

Agility 3 (Stealth is the ace in the hole)

Hull 3

Shields 1 (These were downgraded in the 'actual' ship to allow for the extra stealth capability)

Actions: Focus, Evade, Target Lock

Upgrades: Droid, Torpedo, Elite Pilot Skill

They may also use ship upgrades.

Points 24

(basically a tweaked X-Wing)

Thoughts?

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#2 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

First Special Character.

Corran Horn

Exact same ship set up

Pilot Skill 7

Special Rule: Jedi Battle Meld. One other Stealth X pilot within Range 2 may use your Pilot Skill in the movement phase.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?

#3 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Horn would be 26 points.

I also added Kyp Durron.

Pilot Skill 8

Special: All Red manuevers count as white.

Points 30

#4 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Final cards for Stealth X ships.

Comments welcome.

Painted models ready in about 2 weeks, I'll post here.

#5 Gravis

Gravis

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

I haven't read any of the EU novels in 15 years, so maybe I'm missing something… But if it's an x-wing with some sort of stealth device, what makes it more maneuverable (a la evade action)?

#6 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

They were also built to confuse targeting devices and be almost invisible to the naked eye. Hence agility 3. That tech was added at the expense of shielding, hence only 1 shield. :-)

#7 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

and now i'll answer the actual question, duh me :-)

They are flown by jedi who can anticipate opponents moves. Hence evade :-)

#8 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

Englishpete said:

and now i'll answer the actual question, duh me :-)

They are flown by jedi who can anticipate opponents moves. Hence evade :-)

Yet the normal Luke doesn't have an evade. He has an ability that is based on his"premonition" to avoid attacks.

#9 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

stupid double posts

#10 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Englishpete said:

Final cards for Stealth X ships.

Comments welcome.[/QUOTE]

I stopped reading EU after Vector Prime was published, but I have a few suggestions for the squad based on real-world stealth technology. Shields are going to consume power and (Maxwell's Law) throw off EM radiation like a giant beacon--so the shields should probably come off. Ditto Target Lock, actually: using active EM sensors is also easily detected. Unfortunately with no Target Lock, it won't be able to mount torpedoes, but you can't have everything.

But from the Wookiepedia entry and the look of the ship, plus being generally flown by Jedi, they're both powerful and maneuverable. You might consider adding the Boost and Barrel Roll actions.

With all those changes, the cost is probably off, too: you would be looking at more like 18 for a theoretical PS1 pilot, and 21 for the Shadow Squadron Pilot at PS4.

So the final card might look like this:

Shadow Squadron Pilot

PS4

3 Attack

3 Agility

3 Hull

0 Shields

Actions: Focus, Barrel Roll, Boost, Evade

Cost: 21

Also, it's "Corran Horn". No "K'.

#11 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Wookieepedia:

A modification of the already formidable T-65XJ3 X-wing starfighter, the StealthX had a star-flecked body of irregular, matte-black fiberplast that rendered it almost invisible against a background of stars. The third torpedo launcher had been replaced by a gravitic modulator designed to defeat mass-detectors, and its shields had been downgraded to make room for a suite of sensor negators. Even its fusial engines had been retooled to burn a special tibanna isotope, designated TibannaX, whose efflux turned dark a millisecond after fusion. The viewports utilized blast-tinting technology.

The standard proton torpedoes were often replaced with the custom-made Jedi shadow bombs, if they were available. The StealthX could also carry glop bombs, which released a quick-hardening foam upon detonation, and two-stage armor-piercing bunker-buster bombs. The advanced R9-series astromech droids were assigned to assist the pilots with the special requirements of this unique craft.

So, 3-3-3-1 Focus TL Evade is very viable for the standard stealth X, as well as a new weapon slot (Tactical Bombs) for the glop and bunker-buster bombs. These bombs could be dropped like a normal bomb or fired like a Torpedo by Jedi pilots, since they use the force to aim and shoot it. Maybe only give Luke and Corran Evade though, to represent their higher level of force precience.

#12 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

You quote one of the main resources I uesd in designing the cards. I haven't come up with how to represent the bombs yet, they are either boring or broken when I try rules.

I did introduce Skywalker, same pilot as in an ordinary X-Wing, but 1 pt more expensive at 29pts due to the ship changes.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS