1) If Elrohir and Elladan are separated during Stage 4 of in Foundations of Stone, do they continue to receive their respective buffs?
2) If Ancient Mathom's effect is triggered, but the First Player Token is away with a player in a different staging area, who (if anyone) draws cards?
My forum search has revealed that many players had questoins about FoS when it was released, and also that the search function is somewhat broken. The best answer I could find was in this thread, which says that, within each separate player's area, there is a first and last player. The first player token designates which player goes first in resolving turns, but for the sake of card effects, the First Player is the player who is first in line to receive the first player token. Other considerations:
- the rule sheet for FoS says that the "resolution of each phase occurs as if only the player or players that share any given staging area are currently present in the game."
- BUT the official FAQ states that the unique character rule must still be observed by separated players (even though the other players are treated as if they are "not currently present in the game")
- Elladan and Elrohir buff themselves if the brother is in play. Elladan's text reads "While Elrohir is in play, Elladan gets +2 atk." The card buffs itself rather than receiving a buff from the Elrohir card. If it said "Elrohir gets +2 def" on the Elladan card, we'd have a different story.
With all that in mind, I think that
2) the person who draws cards must share the same staging area as the location which was explored. If the Token is elsewhere, this means the next in line to get the First Player Token will draw cards.
How'd I do??