An object double in in Play?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 smurf

smurf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Can you have the same Object two times in Play?

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Yes there is no rule that prevents that. 

#3 smurf

smurf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

was just asking because this makes some obejectives realy powerful like the rebelfleet one that removes 2 tokens per refresh

#4 StarDuster

StarDuster

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

You can have as many copies of a card you want in play so long as A.) The card isn't unique and B.) The card doesn't say otherwise in it's text.

#5 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Is that right?

I noticed on pg 20 that it says any objective may be included twice (unless limited to one) - this seems to imply that you can't play more than 2 of the same objective set to me.

#6 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Ravncat said:

Is that right?

I noticed on pg 20 that it says any objective may be included twice (unless limited to one) - this seems to imply that you can't play more than 2 of the same objective set to me.

No one stated otherwise as that is how deckbuilding works in this game. Starduster was referring to having copies of cards in play. You can have as many copies in play as you want as long as not unique or card says otherwise and that you have copies of the cards of in your deck. Obviously you would only have two copies of most objectives and therefore at most two in play at one time.

#7 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Ahh ok - I missed the subtle switch to cards in play vs copies of an objective.

#8 StarDuster

StarDuster

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Toqtamish said:

No one stated otherwise as that is how deckbuilding works in this game. Starduster was referring to having copies of cards in play. You can have as many copies in play as you want as long as not unique or card says otherwise and that you have copies of the cards of in your deck. Obviously you would only have two copies of most objectives and therefore at most two in play at one time.

Thanks for clearing that up with him Toqtamish. Indeed I was reffering to "in play" and not "deck building restrictions"

While you can only include two copies of an objective in your deck right now, you can have both of them in play at the same time. I'm interested to see how and if the deck building rules changes for the multiplayer 3 Light Side vs 1 Dark Side rules that will be coming in the future expansion. Whle I don't imagine it will for Light Side players (although I could see an interesting way in which it could and be a lot more Star Wars thematic), Dark Side will obviously be getting a "game changing" design for this set up.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS