The Dragon Expansion Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WombatMan

WombatMan

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

We played the Dragon Expansion for the first time on the weekend (13/01/2013).  We enjoyed it.  I have a couple of questions.

1.    When there is a Dragon Scale on a space and there is already one of the Dragon Lord cards on the space and you elect to encounter the Dragon Scale do you draw another card from the same Dragon Lord or do you only encounter the Dragon Card that is on the space?

2.     Do characters that enter the Dragon Realm or Dragon Tower in the inner region still draw Dragon Scales or only characters still in the Outer or Middle Regions only draw Dragon Scales, since Dragon Scales cannot be located in the Dragon Realm or Dragon Tower?

#2 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

WombatMan said:

We played the Dragon Expansion for the first time on the weekend (13/01/2013).  We enjoyed it.  I have a couple of questions.

1.    When there is a Dragon Scale on a space and there is already one of the Dragon Lord cards on the space and you elect to encounter the Dragon Scale do you draw another card from the same Dragon Lord or do you only encounter the Dragon Card that is on the space?

2.     Do characters that enter the Dragon Realm or Dragon Tower in the inner region still draw Dragon Scales or only characters still in the Outer or Middle Regions only draw Dragon Scales, since Dragon Scales cannot be located in the Dragon Realm or Dragon Tower?

I'll try to answer the first one. I believe you can choose to encounter the scale and thus that color Dragon's deck, *but* you must also encounter the card of the current Dragon Lord that is already there. It actually does describe this in the rules on Dragons and scales on spaces. If each card, the newly drawn one, and the one already there have same encounter numbers, they fight as one unit, etc. etc.

#3 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

WombatMan said:

This rule is specified in the Dragon Rulebook, page 10:

If a character encounters the dragon scale, he must draw one
card from the deck that matches the dragon scale, even if
there are already one or more cards in the space. The character
must resolve all of the cards in the space following the
normal rules

= you draw a Dragon Card (in any case) and then encounter all cards on the space (Adventure and Dragon Cards)

WombatMan said:

Again, Dragon Rulebook, page 8:

Important: Characters in the Inner Region do not place a
dragon scale on their space; all three dragon scales on the
Dragon King’s card are discarded instead.

= they still draw scales, but never place them on the board

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS