GOW - Doom comparison

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pascale

Pascale

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

I used to own Doom the boardgame but decided to get rid of it for whatever dark reason and I now regret this deeply. Since Doom is now OOP I am looking for something of the same ilk. I realize that both games will have different mechanics but could you say that GOW can scratch my Doom itch or should I be looking for a different game altogether?

Basically, I'm looking for a dungeon-crawler with a gritty sci-fi feel to it. Ooh, and big 'effin guns please (even though they are miniature).

Thanks in advance!

#2 raabjerg

raabjerg

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

GoW is a good replacement to doom considering your description of what you whant (i'ts right up your ally), i have both games and find them very similar so i would be surprised if it doesn't help on your loss of doom.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,262 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Yeah, seconded, GoW is a good replacement, even if I must confess that I still prefer the old Doom to GoW. Anyway, remember that GoW is full coop, so no more Invader player.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS