• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beardonaut

beardonaut

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

*possible Hand of Corruption Spoilers below*

I am gearing up to run The Campaign (still unnamed), loosely based on the Haarlock Legacy for Dark Heresy. I have rewritten Hand of Corruption to fit into that. The basic premise of the whole campaign is that the Acolytes are piecing together Haarlock's Navis Prima, with pieces off it scattered across setting for several WH40K RPGs. One piece will be on St Annard's Penance.

My Acolytes will arrive in the middle of the riot incited by a group of heretics, and have to find one man in the confusion and bloodshed.

As a GM I always like a challenge and I have found that allowing outsiders to influence my campaigns is a nice challenge. I've run games where other groups of players have controlled the powers behind the scene, for example.

So now I am looking for outside help. I want you guys to help me create a few possible groups of heretics behind the mayhem in the prison. I don't want Chaos Marines, and I don't want any established heretics from Dark Heresy (the Pilgrims of Hayte, for example). Other than that, anything goes. I'm not interested in stats (unless you really want to) but a solid description of a group of heretics (background, previous deeds, etc). Keep in mind that it's for Dark Heresy. There's five Acolytes and they will be at 4000 - 5000 xp at this point. Go!

#2 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

An idolitrex magi and a qsal sorceror have gathered a group together for a twofold mission. Bring a planet into the storm, studying the effects of the ritual so they might unlock its secrets for furthur use, and capture a powerful necron ctan shard and try to turn it into a deamon engine. They have gathered a group of warriors and cutthroats to help them, including the twins, a pair of messian outriders that arent related and look nothing alike. Also with them is a slaaneshi demogauge who has a silver tounge and a renagade with a weapons collection too big to bring, including the love of his life, vera, his favorite "gun"… if you can call it a mere gun.

#3 beardonaut

beardonaut

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a bit over the top for me, though.

#4 Dramacydle

Dramacydle

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Some simple wastrels, dregs and gangers should be fairly easy to make or find stats for them. Would classify them as minions with relative low wounds such as maybe 8 wounds and make them squishy as heck. Toughness of 2 probably. Give them primative weapons but honestly I was looking at this campagin last night as I have a copy and I would change it around to have been captured and part of being locked up in Annards Pennance. Trying to escape and formulate plans would be cool. Stripping them of armor and weapons and making them use other skills such as interaction investigation fellowship and perception strength and so forth. This would give them ways to earn infamy within the prison and so forth.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS