CR-90 scenario game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

We played a scenario today of X-Wing called "The Redeemer".  The CR-90 corvette is under under attack but will make jump to light speed and escape at end of turn 10.  Rebels had the CR90, 2 Y-wings, and the Millennium Falcon.  Imperials had a TIE Interceptor, TIE Advanced, and a bucket load of regular TIE's, plus endless supply of reinforcements!

Imperials barely pulled off the win right at the end of turn 10.  It was a major victory however as both the engines and sensor array were crippled.  The CR-90 could neither flee or call for reinforcements.  We lost one Y-wing but racked quite a sizable kill total of TIE's (we actually didn't count but probably cycled through them all two or three times).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enimo Et Fide

#2 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I really dislike this forum's tools enfadado

Enimo Et Fide

#3 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

That is one wicked CR-90, where did you get it?

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#4 Boomer_J

Boomer_J

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Looks great! I was wondering what stats you gave to the CR-90 and the size of your game area?

#5 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Wow! Your corvette looks awesome! Makes me hope for bigger ships in this game!

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses

#6 Joscha

Joscha

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

AWEsome!!! :) Cool Scenario, 10 rounds sounds like a really long game.

#7 InstantAequitas

InstantAequitas

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Howdy, 

The answers you seek for playing this scenario are found on          http://boardgamegeek...edeemer/page/3 

The Kenner CR-90 is the most commonly used Proxy as it is the closest to the 1/270 scale used by the FFG minis.

Also, you can find a lot of stats for other proxys at              http://www.afewmaneu...47b7fceb73cd438

I hope this helps you out a lot.

Favorite squad for me currently:
Garven+r2 astro, Hobbie+ R3-A2, Red Squadron Pilot, Tarn Mison. 100 pts.

#8 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hey, I see the TIE Interceptor you got when I drew your name at the Kessel Run! And the Falcon you won at the other Kessel Run!

Be seeing you.

#9 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

The Redeemer scenarios is indeed found at Board Game Geek and that is the what we used, but points were bumped up 50 for each side.  The scenario played very well and seemed balanced.  It was our first run and we saw nothing that require modification or house rules.  we obnly bumped the points because we had four players.

Again, the Cr-90 is indeed a Hasbro production but long OOP.  It is darn close enough to scale but should actually be another 6" in length to match 1/270.  I picked mine up NIB on ebay for $25.

My newly acquired TIE Interceptor and Milleneum Falcon were both used.  I'm sad to say that neither had a good showing however:  The Falcon survived and did some damage but the points would have been better used for some basic x-wings for this scenario.  The Interceptor got into a dog fight with a lone Gold Squadron Y-wing.  The Y-Wing emerged victorious and with full shiels and hull!

We will definitely run this scenario again and I would suggest it to others.

Enimo Et Fide

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS