Please use this thread to post any Descent Quest Vault technical issues you encounter. Thanks!
Please post technical issues here
Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:16 PM
I'm having trouble logging in. I've tried several times (even logging out of FFG and successfully logging in the main site), and it just gives me an error that my information doesn't match.
Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:59 PM
Login is kinda buggy - I tried it several times and either the login does not recognise my password or the login brings me to a server error side.
Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:05 PM
This may be a recurring issue- I can't log in either- it is "FORBIDDEN" ! Which although being suitably dramatic is also rather irritating
Excited to play around with this tool, thanks fantasy flight games for doing this, I'm sure the bug will be fixed soon.
Happy gaming all!
Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:42 PM
Keep getting "server error" when logging in.
I previously managed to log in just fine… but now it's server error every time.
If I'm already logged in to the FFG site, why is a secondary login required? couldn't it just wrap?
Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:10 PM
When entering Text there appears to be a hard cap on characters. I have reduced the font to 8 points and can see half a column of empty space. Any additional text I add returns a message that the the text will not fit on the page. Is it possible to increase this cap?
Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:27 PM
When i try to use it where just appears a text what says IE is not supported¨. Why appears this?
Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:52 AM
I cannot login either. Ive tried numerous times and definately entered all the info for the login.
Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:23 PM
If you are in trouble to login into the quest vault than try to write your user name (E-Mail address) in the same way which is stored on the server.
I figured out that the login name on quest vault is case sensitive but this name is not case sensitive on the community page from FFG.
Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:03 AM
I have logged in and tried to create a simple map, choosing one core set to work with. However, when I try to use the map, there are no toolbars on the right side and I have nothing whatsoever to add to the map. Bizarre.
I also added an encounter by mistake and now cannot see how to delete it. There does not appear to be a simple delete function.
This is a great idea and will be a great tool when it's finished but at the moment it is useless. I know other people have managed to create stuff so I don't know wht the issue is.
Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:28 AM
- I cannot get to all the buttons on the left: there is no way to scroll the button panel.
- I didn't find how to erase an "unpublished" quest. This is not a big deal, bit I'd like to clean up my "tests"…
- Moving the tiles vs. moving the whole map is kind of fuzzy. Maybe some right click vs. left click process would be simpler ??
Just my 2 cents..
Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:14 AM
When opening the Quest builder using a notebook-sized pc (The Acer Aspire One) the physical screen is not big enough to view the entire builder screen but no scroll function is available, there fore the entire builder setup cannot be interacted with. Please introduce a scroll function into your interface for situations such as this..
- GorillaGrody and Nyte like this
Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:03 AM
Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:20 AM
Same login issue. Can log in to FFG just fine but Quest Vault returns "Your username and password didn't match. Please try again." Clicking "I've forgotten my password" takes me back to the FFG Community login screen where everything works okay.
Same issue on Win 8, Win 7, Ubuntu 12.10 - all using Chrome.
Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:08 PM
Login problem as well. Username and password do not match even though they do on the FFG site.
Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:19 AM
I guess the login issue hasn't been resolved or addressed? I am unable to login as well.
Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:01 AM
I have noticed some bugs while using the Quest Vault.
1) Under Quest>Settings, you can click the "-" button for Descent: Core Set to reduce your component count to 0. When you click "+" to get more components, the quest will mark that you need 2 copies of the Core Set, but you will still only have access to 1 set of tokens. The only fix is to close the browser without saving your work.
2) Occassionally, when dragging a component to the map, it will not show up, but it will decrease the item count. It would be convenient if you could right-click the map pieces or token pieces from the selection box, and delete them all from the map to get access to them again. Again, one fix for this is to close the browser window without saving your work. Sometimes the tile will show up randomly. Sometimes you can increase your set requirements, then decrease it to get the correct token count back.
3) On the front page, the number of likes text field needs to be bigger. At 100 likes, the top quest wraps this text, making the information difficult to read.