Redundant Aptitudes and Ogryn

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Glen

The Glen

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'm probably reading this wrong, but if you have a aptitude twice you pick a characteristic that shares with an Aptitude.  Does the new aptitude have to be paired to something you already possess or is it open to any of the non-charactistic aptitudes?  Ogryn that gain toughness for aptitudes from Die Hards get a new aptitude, the only aptitude they can get from the characteristics they possess is Finesse.  Or say if I'm making a Bone 'Ead can I take change the extra Tough to say Knowledge?

#2 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

You're misunderstanding it - it says you get to swap it for an Aptitude that shares the name of a Characteristic. In the case of the Ogryn from a Die Hard regiment, it'd mean you could swap the 2nd Toughness aptitude for say… Weapon Skill, or Strength, or Agility, or any other Aptitude sharing the name of a Characteristic that he didn't have.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#3 The Glen

The Glen

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

So for an Ogryn his choices would be Agility, Intelligence, Perception, Willpower, or Fellowship as he does not normally have those.  Non-characteristic aptitudes would be right out.

#4 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Exactly so, yes.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS