Confused about dunhere

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Imcoming4u

Imcoming4u

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

If he can attack in the staging area is this a free attack meaning he can come back and not be attacked? Just bought this. Today a little behind the curve

#2 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

No. This attack is done during the normal Attack portion of the Combat phase and you must exhaust Dúnhere as usual. In other words, all aspects of the attack are normal except the choice of enemy that can be attacked. Note that this does not cause the enemy to engage the player: the enemy that is attacked remains in the staging area.

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#3 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Most attacks don't target characters. If an enemy attacks,  it attacks a player and this player can then choose a character as a defender. After all enemies have attacked it's time for the player to declare attacks against enemies. If you declare Dunhere as an attacker he could target an enemy in the staging area instead one which is already engaged with you. 

Edit: not fast enough

#4 Imcoming4u

Imcoming4u

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Oh I get it …. Thanks for the link.

#5 Imcoming4u

Imcoming4u

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

#6 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Then how does the atk+1 feature work? Must i assign him as the only attacker/ the only attacker to one target,  to get this feature? I am a little bit confused…

#7 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Cutievalkyrie said:

Then how does the atk+1 feature work? Must i assign him as the only attacker/ the only attacker to one target,  to get this feature? I am a little bit confused…

He must be the only attacker and the target is in the staging area, then his atk +1

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#8 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

He must attack alone, which isn't that hard as there are no other characters that can attack in the staging area at the moment. (for normal attacks the +1 bonus doesn't occur)

#9 Mechanoise

Mechanoise

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Imcoming4u said:

Don't forget to count the enemy's defense strength when resolving attack damage.

#10 Jonathan_100

Jonathan_100

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

When attacking with Dunhere in the staging area, do the theat level requirements still need to be met? Example, if my player threat level is 27 and the encunter card threat level is 30, can I still attack with Dunhere, or to the normal rules apply and my threat level would need to match or exceed the encounter card?

#11 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

Jonathan_100 said:

When attacking with Dunhere in the staging area, do the theat level requirements still need to be met? Example, if my player threat level is 27 and the encunter card threat level is 30, can I still attack with Dunhere, or to the normal rules apply and my threat level would need to match or exceed the encounter card?

No, it does not need to be met. So you can attack with Dunhere in your example

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS