Star Wars: Radio Dramas & Smuggler's Gambit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Since there is not yet an off-topic subforum or a general Star Wars Universe subforum, I am going to put this here. 

For any of you who have never listened to the Star Wars Radio Dramas, you might quite enjoy them. Someone has been nice enough to upload all of them to YouTube: http://www.youtube.c...C7DB8AFA5900D5E

Also, a newer creation, Smuggler's Gambit, is an audio drama which covers a brief adventure with Han and Chewie, and is available for free download: http://starwarsblog....bit-full-audio/

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Cool, thanks for the links.

#3 Evazorek

Evazorek

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Will check them out, thanks for the links.

#4 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I absolutely love the Star Wars Radio Dramas, especially Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back . . . Return of the Jedi, not so much.

I had copies of all of them on cassette for the longest time, and eventually bought the CD box set.  These were the impetus for me to buy an 30GB iPod, and have them in my iTunes library.  I still enjoy listening to them (mainly the first two) on long road trips.

#5 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I listened to them recently and was so impressed with them that I had to share. I have been a lifelong SW fan, but had never listened to these. I knew that they existed, but always wrote them off as something that was probably lame. Radio Drama? Why not just watch the movie? Aren't radio dramas for people who are like 90 and grew up during the depression? 

Now I am wishing that I would have given them a chance a long time ago; they are amazing and excellent! They include so much more backstory and information that the movies are lacking.

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#6 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

I grew up listening to these on TAPE.  I remember when they would come on NPR and we'd rush home from church to record these straight off the air!  I was 8 when the audio dramas came out, so it was right in my wheel house.  I learned how to pronounce so many of the characters and knew so much more of the back story than most of my friends because of these episodes… and in the NerdVerse, knowledge is power!

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS